Tring MDS

smallbythesea

Am I right in thinking that the mds is for classical dancers?

Dd auditioned in 2012/13 for a year 7 place starting sept 2013 and received a letter saying she was more suited to musical theatre for which they offered her a place but no funding.

She has mentioned she would like to audition again this autumn for a year 9 place but looking at the mds information it would suggest they are only offered to classical dancers.

Are they looking for a ballet physique and a ballet dancer? Or do they take all round dancers who still have solid ballet training?

TIA

smallbythesea

Musical theatre. Although she has a lovely figure, she doesn't have a ballerinas physique.

Dd would love to go away full time to be with like minded children. Unfortunately, like most parents we can't afford it.

She does however have excellent local training.

smallbythesea

Edited by smallbythesea

Tring do offer - or they did offer - some scholarships for the Theatre Arts course. As invisiblecircus says, MDS funding is only for potential classical dancers (or musicians at the Music schools) so only available at Tring to those on the Dance course.

If your dd auditions for a place on the Theatre Arts course this time, she may be better placed to apply for a scholarship to help with funding. It may be worth contacting the school to ask if they still offer scholarships for Theatre Arts students.

• Like 3

Hanno di gave Mds platea to kids With eccepito al musical Theatre talent agile my son was there. Have u considered auditioning there. The training was fab when mine was there. If we could have accordarsi to board him lo fed he may well have taken his offer of a dada at Hammond.