Benois de la Danse: Victors 2014

It's a hard site to use but I'm not sure if all winners have been decalred yet. The above page seems to be a listing for a "Charity Gala of Nominees..."

The nominees seem to be:

http://benois.theatre.ru/english/history/2014/

Not sure how the Benois works either - do companies have to be 'part of it' (whatever that means) in some way in order to get nominated? You see recent nominations for ENB but I can't find anything for RB, say. Dutch National feature and I think ENB started featureing when Wayne Eagling left DNB and took over? Alina Cojocaru was nominated in recent years - but nominated for work done at Hamburg Ballet. It's good for people to win awards, but not clear in what pool Benois are fishing.

I agree that the placements are not crystal clear, Bruce.  It is only that the initial item from the web page quoted marked the names listed as being 'laureates' which translates - and I have just checked to make sure I wasn't (as so often) in error - as "a person who is honoured with an award for outstanding creative or intellectual achievement".  Understandably the gala features other 'nominees' for the prize as noted immediately below the top item.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

Not sure how the Benois works either - do companies have to be 'part of it' (whatever that means) in some way in order to get nominated? You see recent nominations for ENB but I can't find anything for RB, say.

I thought as much: Ed Watson was nominated for it last year - for Fool's Paradise, of all things - but no, I've no idea how it works, either.

Surely those given as Laureates at the top of the linked page are the winners? Here is the extract:

Laureates of Benois de la Danse-2014:

Lefevre Brigitte (Life Achievement),

Alexey Ratmansky (Choreographer),

Mariko Kida (Ballerina),

Polina Semionova (Ballerina),

Herman Cornejo (Dancer).

The gala usually includes other nominees for the Awards - hence the slight confusion.

Yep saw that - they are the Laureate winners and good on them. But my post started with "but I'm not sure if all winners have been decalred yet." and that's the point I was making - not all the Benois Winners are known yet.

Edited by Bruce