Youth music theatre

along for the ride mum

https://www.facebook.com/ymtuk/posts/10152252472269673

Admin I hope it's ok to post this here, thought it might be of interest to some. Sorry i was trying to post a link to the website not the Facebook page but if anyone is interested they could google it. There are auditions this weekend in many towns and cities. We aren't 'into' MT but I thought it might interest some.

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good news - bad news

DD was offered a place in the performance "dance connection" which is a fantastic opportunity with top class choreographers and directors.  She was so happy to have been chosen as there were many auditonees.

Bad news is that it is over £1200 for the course, plus travel to Plymouth and back from the North of England.  She could do three  weeks ballet schools for the price.   I was expecting it to be pricey but the cost of course, travel and hotel stay for me will be around £2000.  Just not realistic in this day and age!

My friends daughter and her friend were both offered the 'dance connections' too. They are both trained dancers, but really wanted anything to do with acting, as this is what they would ultimately like to train for! Even though they live in the South West, I doubt that either of them will accept their places either.

I suppose trained dancers will always stand out in a general musical theatre audition and as there is a specific dance production being performed they are likely to be offered places in that production, even when they may have hoped for a more acting/singing production. Shame as they could just have auditioned for a straight dance production if that was what they wanted, whereas they went for a musical theatre audition hoping for a more general musical theatre experience.

I haven't heard of this company before and had assumed it was the NYMT until I saw PITF's post at no 4 above!

I am really proud of my dd as she is only 13, and will only just have turned 14 at the performance.  Just wish it was cheaper!  There seems to be a high content of singing in the production as well as dancing Evie, if that is of any use to your friends daughters.