RAD Advanced 2 Classes in East or Central London?

Sneezy

I imagine that it won't be easy to find a regular school that teaches Adv 2.  Most students seem to study it in vocational schools, because it is very hard to find local schools that offer sufficient classes at that level.  There are non-vocational schools that teach it, but the ones I know of are outside London.

This is a difficult one, particularly for men. There are very few classes anywhere in the country for men at Adv 2. There used to be a class at Central late afternoon on a Saturday but I understand this will not run next session. As far as I'm aware and this was definitely the case when we were looking a year or so ago there were no Adv 2 for men class at RAD HQ.

A male student of mine took his Advanced 2 whilst he was training at Elmhurst.  When he started there I remember saying to him "At last you'll get to do an RAD vocational exam with other boys!"  because I was sure that at HQ there would be two or three boys together. Ha!  He travelled on the train down to HQ from Birmingham and he was the lone male yet again :(     It's a shame because the syllabus is very rich and demanding and really prepares the young men for professional careers.

• Like 2