If you are travelling to the RBS Matinee...Northern Line closure

Thanks Lynette not so much for the matinee as was planning on bus-ing that (staying nr Angel) but this could be a prob for me on the Saturday as I'm up inLondon on a ballet course near Old Street tube and was planning doing London Bridge to Old street via the Northern Line!! So this is very useful to know....can use Victoria Line to Kings Cross and bus it from there but will leave me slightly short of time that way....may have to get the train from Brighton even earlier :wacko:

Actually this info could be useful for any others doing Franziska Rosenzweig's sat course near Old Street as the northern line is the obvious one for that.

There is a no. 55 bus from central London (think it finishes /starts Oxford Street and goes in a more or less straight line to Old street and beyond.....not sure of destination east of that) which almost drops at door of the studio being used.

The 43 bus from London Bridge also goes pretty close....get off stop past Old Street and walk down Leonard Street then Charlotte street....not as quick as tube though :(

That's right, Margaret. 

I believe the British 10k Run is on Sunday.  I got a notice saying that it will be starting in Piccadilly at 9.30am on Sunday and will pass down St James Street, Northumberland Avenue, Victoria Embankment, Upper Thames Street, White Lion Hill, Victoria Embankment, Westminster Bridge, Parliament Square and Whitehall and that there will be the following road closures:

• Whitehall from Trafalgar Square to Parliament Square (both directions) : Close 6.00am. Re-open: 2pm approx.
  • Piccadilly from Hyde Park Corner to jct. with St. James's Street (both directions) Close 7:am. Re-open approx. 11:30am.
  • St. James' Street (both directions) close 7am - re-open 11.30am approx.
  • Pall Mall: (both directions) Close: 7am - reopen 11.30am.
  • Cockspur Street (both directions) close: 7am - re-open 11.30am.
  • Northumberland Avenue (both directions) close: 7am - re-open 11.30am
  • Victoria Embankment from Big Ben (Westminster Bridge) including Blackfriars underpass, Upper Thames Street to (but not including) Southwark Bridge. Close: 7am re-open 2pm.
  • Westminster Bridge, Bridge Street & Parliament Square. Close at 7am - re-open 1.30pm.
  • Victoria Street: From Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Gate. Close: 7am - re-open 1.30pm.
  • Horse Guards Avenue, Whitehall Court & Whitehall Place (very restricted access). Close: 7am - re-open 2pm.
  • Whitehall from Parliament Square to Trafalgar Square: Close 6am - re-open 2pm.

Meant to say as 43 coming from the other direction it will be the stop just before Old Street tube then cross over the road....think there's a Pret on corner and that's where Leonard Street starts.

Looking at all those road closures feel lucky to be going from the north direction down to ROH!!