NBS or Central?

BalletBloch

Well I'd look at the graduate destinations for a start. It also depends where your DDs strengths lie. My impression is that most of Northern's graduates end up as teachers or working on cruise ships, whereas Central's graduates work in a variety of different companies. There is a thread on graduate destinations on here somewhere or you can find them on their websites usually.

It also depends on funding. Cleariy Northern is DaDA funded which many are finding challenging this year (see DaDA thread) whereas Central is degree funded and there is access to student loans.

Many factors to take into account.

My DD has to choose between NBS and Hammond BalletBloch it's a difficult decision. I hear great things about both and the same about Central. if my DD had got offered Central she would have chosen that over the other two mainly for location and the fact that she could get student loans. Each school has it's merits though. How old is your DD/DS?

I posted on another thread but I'll try my luck here as well...

Does anybody know the number of hours they do a day at NBS? What time do they finish?

That would be really useful...

Thank you

• Like 1

Ballet West are doing BA Hons and got student loans.

They are the only school that run a performance course along side BA.

RAD Ad 1, Ad 2 and Solo Seal are included. 2 girls got through to finals in the Genee comp in New Zealand this year.

All 1st, 2nd and 3rd years go on tour around Scotland and China. Leave with 3 years stage experience and BA Hons.

Ballet West are doing BA Hons and got student loans.

They are the only school that run a performance course along side BA.

RAD Ad 1, Ad 2 and Solo Seal are included. 2 girls got through to finals in the Genee comp in New Zealand this year.

All 1st, 2nd and 3rd years go on tour around Scotland and China. Leave with 3 years stage experience and BA Hons.

Might be better to start a new thread on this lest the information gets lost?

• Like 1

Hi afab :)

Compulsory warm up is at 8.50am and classes then start at 9.30am, half an hour/45 minutes for lunch and classes finishes anything from 4.30pm - 6.00pm. When they are preparing for a show then they will rehearse anything up until 9pm because classes generally are not replaced by rehearsals, rather rehearsals are scheduled for other hours. No classes on a Saturday or Sunday except for the odd rehearsal schedule. Hope that's helpful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...