Tring DADAs

Its her Life

Does anyone out there know of anyone being granted a Dada for Tring 6th form dance course?  My daughter has been told she is on the reserve list .... just wondering what the chances of this are?  Don't know how many Dada places were actually given out this year and how many get put on the reserve list?

Hi Its her Life, my ds has been offered a DADA which we have just declined as he has accepted an offer elsewhere. If there is just one DADA reserve list and males/females are not separate then you could already be one further up that list. Tring stipulated on their offer letter that they needed a reply by 03 April. I presume it will not be until after this date that they will contact some reserves.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hi,

My DS has been offered a DADA from Tring. It's all he's wanted for 3 years (non vocational at moment) but we are trying to work out how much it will actually cost us to make sure we can find the balance from somewhere. DH is self employed so don't have any income figures yet for 2012/13 - business has been so variable in this climate - very frustating as won't know proper offer amount from Tring for ages and still may not be enough for us to afford it but probably too late by then to cancel without paying a term's fees in lieu. Catch 22.

Also waiting on Central results which we probably won't know before Tring acceptance date - 3 April. Student Loan's are done on last year's figures which is more sensible so loan/grant figures should be out quicker.

Feel very fortunate indeed to have actually been offered a dada this year but the headaches don't end there unfortunately.

There were several WL boys at the dada audition & I expect they'll get offers from several places.

Its her life - maybe phone Tring to see if DD is no 2 or 22 on reserve list. I'm sure they'd understand.

• Like 1

Hi my dd has been offered a DaDa for the coming year for 6th form at Tring.

On balance I think this is where she will accept. We are on the list for a DaDa at Northern too but for my DD its the A levels that swing it in favour at Tring.

We too are self employed and are trying desperately to sort out P60 s for the year end so that waiting game is still with us too.

Dancer's Driver I thought I read somewhere that they are not permitted to ask for a deposit for DaDas as it may be a barrier to the less well off. Check the governments DaDa terms. Off out on ballet run now but DM me if you can't find the link through and I will try and find it later.

• Like 1

Back from the ballet run, and have found it:

Registration Fees

Registration fees could act as a barrier to students from low income families.

Previously students who were offered an Award were not charged a registration fee. From 2013/14, as a condition of the DaDA, students who apply for an Award must not be charged a registration fee. Neither should providers charge potential DaDA students to hold a place.

However, recognising that 2013/14 is the first year of the new DaDA arrangements, schools are permitted to use their discretion when determining their registration fees policy for the 2013 intake only – i.e. whether their criteria to ‘not charge’ is for applicants who “apply for” or who are “offered” Awards.

Where a school chooses to charge a registration fee, they must refund any fees paid when a student accepts a DaDA.

This is from http://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/d/dada%20qa%202013-14%20-%20final.pdf

Hope this helps, not sure it's totally clear cut though.

I was upfront with all the schools ds had offers for some years ago. I told them all that I couldn't pay any money until he had made up his mind and one reason for the delay was that he felt he needed advice from his Ballet teacher in person so he didn't make up his mind until the beginning of summer term.

As I was regularly in touch (with all sorts of questions to help stall time!!) this wasn't a problem, communication was the key and as such all the schools were extremely accomodating.

Edited by hfbrew
  • Like 3