Associates for year 11

Sara-Anne

Hello - is anyone deciding between CSB and ENBS for associates at the year 11 stage? What do you feel are the pro’s and con’s of each? Would love to hear from anyone choosing between these two, or any with experience of this in the past. Or indeed views about other associate courses for this age or associate courses in general (are they worth it/necessary? Is there a better option ???)

DD did ENBS they did ballet and rambert grades contemporary for two terms and then ballet and character ballet for the summer term. Classes at the moment for seniors are 9.15am-1pm.

This year they were invited to take part in the winter showcase with the upper school which was lovely to see.

A downside we found was the communication, everything tends to be very late notice. 

Hello

hope I’m posting on the right site, I’m new to this!  

Wondering if anyone here has some advice please for Associate Programmes!  

My DD has been put on the Short Wait List for RBS and offered places on the Associate Programmes for Central, ENBS & Elmhurst and we are really excited but haven’t received any programmes so not sure how to make a decision. 

Anyone’s daughters had experience of these programmes?   I have heard lots of positive things about Central but curious to know more about ENBS. 

Anyone know how long the Elmhurst classes are?  It’s our furthest option but a friend’s daughter went and was very impressed. 

Thank you! 

16 hours ago, Dancerdays said:

Hello

My DD has been put on the Short Wait List for RBS and offered places on the Associate Programmes for Central, ENBS & Elmhurst and we are really excited but haven’t received any programmes so not sure how to make a decision. 

Anyone’s daughters had experience of these programmes?   I have heard lots of positive things about Central but curious to know more about ENBS. 

Anyone know how long the Elmhurst classes are?  It’s our furthest option but a friend’s daughter went and was very impressed. 

Thank you! 

What school year will your daughter be in September? 

On 10/06/2024 at 10:46, Dancerdays said:

Sorry I meant to say she’s going in to Year 10

Has she been in one of the courses already? I would say if the wait list comes up for RBS, most people opt for that as a first choice just based on the prestige/reputation. I don’t know if there is much between the other three? Maybe the most convenient? Or the one she would prefer as an upper school? Sorry - not super helpful!

On 09/06/2024 at 14:14, Dancerdays said:

Hello

Thank you! 

RBS is only 2 hours 15 mins (no separately timetabled classes), I think this is the same for MA and SA. CSB depending on whether your DD was offered Prep 3 or Pre-Senior would be around 10am to 3.45pm or 5.30pm respectively (Pre-senior has an extra class - Pas De Deux), based on current timetable and there are distinct separate classes timetabled with breaks (Pilates, Ballet, Pointe, Contemporary). I think ENBS seniors is something like 9.30-1.30 (no personal experience but I’ve been told they do character which was a big turn off for my DD). No idea about Elmhurst I’m afraid.  CSB offer regular detailed progress reports. RBS formal feedback consisted of one phone call (heard this has now upgraded to a video call) early in the first term oddly enough. I’m not sure if this is still the case, things might have changed. If offered all 4, depending on what class, you can maybe get away with doing both RBS and ENBS unless they’ve changed timings. If offered all 4, I’d say 99% of people I know would pick RBS (I won’t comment on reasons as this won’t be first hand, nor would I agree the reasons to be completely rational). I can’t comment on Elmhurst, but I don’t think being an associate of the other 3 makes a significant or material difference in getting into their own full time programme (though no doubt some people might disagree) but, as a disclaimer,  it might help getting into other schools’ programmes. 

Edited by Neverdancedjustamum

Thank you Sara-Ann & Neverdancedjustamum we would definitely pick RBS first if we get the opportunity. She does Balletboost too which is excellent. I might have to give all the schools a ring to see what the programmes are for Sept then make a decision!