Tchaikovsky Classics with the Royal Ballet Sinfonia & Birmingham Royal Ballet at Symphony Hall 2024

If they were to present a Swan Lake piece next year it would probably be either the Waltz, Act 3 pas de Quatre (?if there's enough space- the men cover a lot of space dancing the "solo" at the same time, sometimes travelling in opposite directions) or Neapolitan Dance as those have notable choreography by Ashton. Nice woodwind and brass in the PDQ and the female variations don't travel much. 

Edited by Emeralds

11 minutes ago, Jane S said:

Who is Father Jack, please?

There used to be a hugely popular TV series called Father Ted. It has been repeated so many times I hoped I wouldn't have to explain. It was about three Catholic priests and their 'characterful' housekeeper living together in Ireland. He was the unkempt retired priest who sat in a chair shouting and swearing. Stuff of many memes on t'internet too. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-35682191

He's not a popular beat combo. (No I'm not explaining that one, those of us of a certain age should get the ref.) 

Edited by Roberta

6 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Oh I do hope you get there.  The tickets are already on sale and it's on 15th February.

Thanks Jan - I’ve put it on my calendar!

• Like 1