News: Birmingham Royal Ballet - Symphony Hall 2025 - Ashton Classics

I wish BRB did matinee performances of these events. Each year they sound appealing but as the last train from Birmingham to Cambridge leaves at about 9pm I can't go to evening performances in Birmingham.

• Like 2

Took me a while to realise this was 2025! Fair play to Carlos (and Symphony Hall) for being so organised. The early bird gets the... and all that  👏

I see from the website that excerpts from  La Fille mal gardée, Enigma Variations, A Month in the Country, and The Dream are planned, and according to the photo gallery, there could also be Les Patineurs (the white couple pas de deux), Monotones  II, The Two Pigeons, Facade (Popular Song) and Scenes de Ballet. Could this be to tie in with Ashton Celebration many companies are doing? 

Am impressed to see Carlos putting such a wonderful spotlight on Ashton works with Fille being staged in Birmingham, London and tour next season and now this grand celebration of his works. And it's on a Saturday!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Emeralds said:

Took me a while to realise this was 2025! Fair play to Carlos (and Symphony Hall) for being so organised. The early bird gets the... and all that  👏

I see from the website that excerpts from  La Fille mal gardée, Enigma Variations, A Month in the Country, and The Dream are planned, and according to the photo gallery, there could also be Les Patineurs (the white couple pas de deux), Monotones  II, The Two Pigeons, Facade (Popular Song) and Scenes de Ballet. Could this be to tie in with Ashton Celebration many companies are doing? 

Am impressed to see Carlos putting such a wonderful spotlight on Ashton works with Fille being staged in Birmingham, London and tour next season and now this grand celebration of his works. And it's on a Saturday!

Well the title of the thread does say 2025!

I wouldn’t take the photographs too literally, they are probably just for illustrative purposes.  The dance area at these performances is tiny so the company may have to see which excerpts will fit without compromising the piece.

These evenings began as showcases for the orchestra and I am sad that that emphasis seems to have been removed.

12 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

Well the title of the thread does say 2025!

You're probably a more careful and a slower, considered reader than I, @Jan McNulty! I just saw Symphony Hall and BRB, and as 2024 had just started, instantly  imagined that it surely must be for 2024 as 2025 seemed such a long, long way away. I do welcome it being a showcase for the RB Sinfonia of course. I'll bear what you say in mind that the ballets in the photo gallery might not end up in the programme, thank you.  Did you have to book in person? I went to the website and they said tickets couldn't be booked online.

28 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

You're probably a more careful and a slower, considered reader than I, @Jan McNulty! I just saw Symphony Hall and BRB, and as 2024 had just started, instantly  imagined that it surely must be for 2024 as 2025 seemed such a long, long way away. I do welcome it being a showcase for the RB Sinfonia of course. I'll bear what you say in mind that the ballets in the photo gallery might not end up in the programme, thank you.  Did you have to book in person? I went to the website and they said tickets couldn't be booked online.

I was sent a priority booking link from BRB (as a Friend) but I thought it was now on public sale.  I definitely booked online.

It's absolutely bizarre that the website now says that the performance cannot be booked on line.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, San Perregrino said:

I’m not a friend and was able to book online and you can do so at the moment. 

Well I am a friend, and tried several times yesterday to book on-line, without success- San P's message encouraged me to try again, just now. It still says that tickets can't be booked on line.

• Like 2