Ballet Physio Reccomendations London / Essex

Angela Essex

Please could somebody recommend a ballet physio in London or Essex for painful swollen ankles?

The pain is on the outside of the ankle just in front of the lateral malleolus. I have just re-started pointe work after a 6 month break from it and I feel it may be related to that. I am only doing 30 mins of pointe with my teacher before class, but we have started doing things on one leg now. I have tried ice, elevation and daily calf raises and doming exercises.

I stopped the calf raises and doming as I did not know if it was this was aggravating the ankle pain. I have been doing them daily since I had an episode of Achilles Tendonitis last year that has now mostly resolved.

Many thanks in advance. 

Edited by Angela Essex

Unfortunately a good London Physio I knew is no longer living there and it would be a bit of a trek for you to Brighton as definitely have a couple of really good people here I can recommend. So hope somebody can help you. 
One thing I was a little puzzled by in your post is you said you were doing pointework…before.. your class. The usual advice is always to do pointework when you are fully warmed up so after the barre at least or even better at the end of the class if more of a newbie. Maybe it’s the time constraints on where you practice but just interested in the pointework being first. 

• Like 1

Hello @LinMM and thank you for your reply. Yes I do half an hour of pointe before the class as my teacher has other time commitments directly after. The other girls in the class are not wanting to do pointe so we do it at the start before they arrive. 

• Like 1