PRESS RELEASE: ANNA HAINSWORTH ANNOUNCED AS PRODUCER AT BIRMINGHAM ROYAL BALLET

olOc50dWBqGNVFLuM7xYai1CtXoIhBy0KpQWOeFTTjzm-_ADDPJqb8omrElmvV0AOhzIq5ZGCPIqZNHRQ-BTSCpHr9ltDH2EInEIFj62bISEEXEuTD162f8ioLEp1G29FvknLMdZmVH1EigfC34N7yA

PRESS RELEASE

26 January 2024

Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / Website

ANNA HAINSWORTH ANNOUNCED AS PRODUCER AT 
BIRMINGHAM ROYAL BALLET

uadstA4ZIIDrk9l84kAuFB_d97HCcjkEvYeTK58Z349ozknSnSW-ywT_xMnuq90lO2qF9TDvQrQsbRkWxEI3ruNmnlaeV5zWkIB_jOCO02dMd6pezgI1FNXK4YIJBOh0iWROh5I0mEnmxa5ndaGAn3Y

Birmingham Royal Ballet has today announced Anna Hainsworth as their new in-house Producer.

Anna Hainsworth is a producer working across dance, theatre and opera. Anna has worked in a breadth of roles within the arts sector, beginning her career in fundraising before moving into creative learning and producing, with companies including Birmingham Contemporary Music Group, Elmhurst School for Dance, Opera North and Scottish Chamber Orchestra. 

Since 2021, Anna was Senior Producer for Scottish Dance Theatre and Dundee Rep Theatre, and prior to this was the Tour and Projects Producer for National Dance Company Wales, managing a varied programme of new commissions, organising and delivering tours throughout the UK and abroad, and managing projects including Scottish Dance Theatre's co-production with Celtic Connections in 2023 and NDCWales performances as part of the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan. 

In 2021, she began a freelance practice, working on projects with independent artists and established companies, including Scottish Opera, Surrogate Productions, Jasmine Ellis (Munich) and Rosana Ribeiro (Salzburg). Anna holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts, Festivals and Cultural Management from Queen Margaret University and is Chair of New Opera in Scotland Events (NOISE).

Anna said; "I'm delighted and very privileged to be joining the team at Birmingham Royal Ballet. The diversity and scale of projects delivered by this ambitious company is incredibly exciting and I'm looking forward to delivering performances which attract new audiences and ballet enthusiasts alike."

Birmingham Royal Ballet will begin a UK tour of Sir Peter Wright’s classic production of The Sleeping Beauty in its 40th anniversary year from 8 February. www.brb.org.uk

Notes to Editors: 

Birmingham Royal Ballet

Birmingham Royal Ballet is the United Kingdom’s leading touring ballet company performing a range of traditional, classical and heritage ballets as well as ground-breaking new works with the aim of encouraging choreographers of the future.

The Company’s Director since January 2020 is the internationally renowned Carlos Acosta.

Birmingham Royal Ballet standardly performs at Birmingham Hippodrome for approximately ten weeks of the year and the remainder of the year tours throughout the United Kingdom and overseas. On average, the Company performs 175 shows a year nationally and internationally.

Music is at the heart of BRB’s activities and the company is committed to regularly commissioning new orchestral music for ballet. Through BRB’s Ballet Now programme which was launched in 2017 BRB has commissioned the largest number of new orchestral music for Ballet since Diaghilev. 

• Like 1

My experience as a Producer was to oversee the whole production, solving problems that arose, particularly to raise funding and if there was a shortfall to write a cheque. Only if there was a profit did I receive anything equivalent to a salary. Admittedly this was in the field of commercial rather than subsidised theatre.

• Thanks 2

Is it a little bit like Emma Southworth's job at Linbury Theatre perhaps? They do inviting, commissioning and making events happen but are not the choreographers or stagers. Although BRB has its artistic director and BRB works with various choreographers, I think a lot of BRB's output now includes wide ranging activities from collaborations to working abroad to  projects (eg virtual reality) so they need someone to organise those things that don't fall within the remit of outreach/education (which is pretty busy in itself), coaching or touring. Just my guess as an outsider. A sort of "make things happen" job. 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1