Any recommendations for European vocational ballet schools for a 16 (17 on entry) year old dancer, with a classical focus, limited funds unfortunately $$.
We are from Australia so need to be able to video audition. I’m grateful for any guidance or experience as I don’t know much at all! Thank you!

Paris Conservatoire 

Dutch National Ballet Academy 

European Ballet School

John Cranko

Brussels International Ballet School

Princess Grace

Berlin State Ballet School

Think a video is required for first stage but some will definitely want you in person for the final.

We have experienced EBS and have knowledge of NBA if you want to pm me?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi. We are looking at European schools post GCSE.  John Cranko European and Dutch National mainly.  Trying to find how many each take each year and struggling to find information.  Can anyone help please? Thank you 😊🙏🏻

There are around 24 students (boys and girls) in each year of Associates Degree 1 and Associates Degree 2 at Dutch National Ballet Academy. Some come from the top year of their regular school (National Ballet Academy 7). Some international students enter during that last year of their regular academy. NBA7 students have to audition to be admitted to AD1. In the past couple of years the Junior Company has usually taken 4 girls and 2 boys from AD2 into the Junior Company. Most Junior Company members end up in the main company after 2 years. Some have jumped up after 1 year in the Junior Company. It’s nearly impossible to join the main company without going through the Junior Company. The recent hires from outside have mainly been dancers who were previously dancing in Russia.

• Thanks 2