Royal Danish Ballet "Napoli" DVD

I couldn't remember whether the RDB's Napoli was actually on DVD or not, but it turns out that it is.  If I remember rightly, it was probably filmed back in the 80s or something, so I was wondering, what is the picture and sound quality like on DVD?  Is it worth buying?  (bearing in mind that the current version is wildly different).

I have it and it is a while since I saw it but as I recall, while the sound and image quality are not in the same class as the current HD productions, it is of an acceptable quality.  It is a transfer from VHS which was the standard at the time.  And as you say it is the only record of this production I think.  So on balance I would say that it is worth having. As a bonus, you can see Johann Kobborg as a soloist in the corps in the last act.

I have it and it is a while since I saw it but as I recall, while the sound and image quality are not in the same class as the current HD productions, it is of an acceptable quality.  It is a transfer from VHS which was the standard at the time.  And as you say it is the only record of this production I think.  So on balance I would say that it is worth having. As a bonus, you can see Johann Kobborg as a soloist in the corps in the last act.

I would agree it's worth buying!