Studying beyond DADA

exdancer

Hi everyone, I graduated 2 years ago with a Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance from Trinity College London with the help of DADA funding. I’m now looking at going into something completely different and going to university to study a degree unrelated to ballet. My question is would it still be possible to access student finance for my university degree even though I already have my diploma? I have read multiple topics on here on the matter and there’s not one straight answer: some say you can and some say you can’t!! Any advice would be helpful thanks!

We can’t answer this for certain. You need to contact Student Finance. Usually, undergrads have access to up to 4 years of student loans to meet fees, and contribute towards living expenses. 

But you need to ask the actual experts, not anonymous randoms on a ballet message board!

2 hours ago, exdancer said:

Hi everyone, I graduated 2 years ago with a Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance from Trinity College London with the help of DADA funding. I’m now looking at going into something completely different and going to university to study a degree unrelated to ballet. My question is would it still be possible to access student finance for my university degree even though I already have my diploma? I have read multiple topics on here on the matter and there’s not one straight answer: some say you can and some say you can’t!! Any advice would be helpful thanks!

My daughter graduated with a Level 6 Trinity Diploma and 2 A levels and had DaDa funding. She is now in her 3rd year of her University Degree with funding for tuition fees and a maintenance. So the answer is yes. 
Good luck 😊

I don’t think having used student finance already or not makes any difference to eligibility. If you are deemed already to have a degree, it makes no difference how that first degree was funded, even if you paid every penny yourself. What matters is whether your subject is one of those for which you can get student funding for a second degree. If so, no problem at all.
Here is the magic list: 

• agriculture and related subjects
  • architecture (if it’s a MArch RIBA Part 2 course)
  • biological sciences
  • computer science
  • mathematical sciences
  • medicine and allied subjects
  • physical sciences
  • technologies
  • courses leading to qualification as a veterinary surgeon

and the link: 

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies

If your subject is not on the list, the answer is much less clear, and depends on whether the diploma excludes you from further funded study . I’ve  not seen a clear answer to this. Can anyone help? 

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Lifeafterballet said:

My daughter graduated with a Level 6 Trinity Diploma and 2 A levels and had DaDa funding. She is now in her 3rd year of her University Degree with funding for tuition fees and a maintenance. So the answer is yes. 
Good luck 😊

If you don’t mind me asking what course was this in? Is this in one listed by @Allwrong? Just trying to get some information