Workshop/Dance Experience Suggestions For Young Dancers

dancegrad

Hi,

I am currently teaching some kids who I would love to send to workshops to gain more experiences and opportunities with their dancing. Does anyone have any ideas they could share? We are based in the South East/ just outside of London. Highest level of students are RAD G4. Looking for all and any types of dance for them to explore and anything from one day workshops to weekly extra training. I am aware of various associate programmes but not sure if my students are ready for things like that so looking for slightly more casual and relaxed environments to suggest to them before more serious associate programmes are talked about?

Thank you all for your help in advance.

My daughter loved the Dance around the World day at Central which they run in half term. Planning to do it again. Four hours of dancing: always one class of ballet and then three other styles which vary each time. Last time was morris dancing, flamenco and Bollywood. Ages 8-16 divided into reasonable age groups. 

• Like 2

My daughter recently did an ‘advanced’ kids workshop at Pineapple which she loved - it included ballet but also other styles of dance. It was aimed at children who do 5 hours or more of dancing a week and aged between 8-16. I think there is another one coming up in October.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TinyDancerLondon said:

The RAD repertoire days are brilliant (held at their HQ in Battersea), there should be another one coming up in December (they are usually once a term).

Can You Dance and Move It are both great fun events. A full day of workshops with loads of different styles available to choose from. A good mix of elite and casual dancers attend

• Like 2

On 06/09/2023 at 16:13, dancegrad said:

I am aware of various associate programmes but not sure if my students are ready for things like that so looking for slightly more casual and relaxed environments to suggest to them before more serious associate programmes are talked about?

The RBS is doing an 'Insights' day on Associates in October

Also a  'non selective' intensive on Sleeping Beauty, and presumably others are planned.

• Like 1