2023 Frederick Ashton lecture

On 22/04/2023 at 23:55, Peanut68 said:

Emeralds explains well….makes me wonder though how does the LBC send out their talks? I’ve attended a few & think thet were via zoom….I imagine they have more than 100 often?

The London Ballet Circle (LBC) has a level of paid for subscription which allows for a significant  number of panellists and/or attendees and no time limit on the Zoom call.

• Like 1

As does the company I work for…. Am sure cost is not astronomical…. So surely should be possible for this? Or could they even link up with say the LBC to deliver this to a wider audience? Afterall, it’s all right the hood of ballet! 

@Peanut68, you did sign up, I assume? They still had spaces this morning available. Let me know if you have/had difficulty getting access to it. It was a very good presentation, but was definitely more literary and historical rather than from a dance/dancing point of view. Also quite a bit about the film The Red Shoes, which is good if one likes that film.... 😄

8 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

Sadly no - timings didn’t work for me… really hoping a recording can be made available 🤞🏻

The transcript should be going up on the website soon. I think it was possible to sign up to receive the recording even without attending the talk on Zoom. Will see how long it takes for the transcript to go up but will let you know if it doesn’t. 

Guest oncnp
1 minute ago, Peanut68 said:

Do you need to join the society or anything? 

No. I just signed up on the site and got an email when a recording was available. 

The Wallace Collection have replied and they say that although links may not usually be shared, this one can be shared because the lecture was free. So here is the text of the email dated yesterday:

Please find a link below to a recording of our recent event, Out of This World: Dancing into Fairylands, which will be available to view for two weeks. (NOTE: this means 2 weeks from the broadcast date of 19th June.)

Recording Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/ZOKFWh8xNTgT28TdzxdqhZbKyNp1Ro0_v9yX83IAE1UAHl3YWK3Z4WwLxvchbMIC.8kJzVTyo_fsduO_-
Access Passcode: Q*B#f9Qt

We hope that you enjoy watching this recording and look forward to welcoming you to more Wallace Collection events in the future. After you have watched, please consider filling out our feedback form. Your feedback will help us to build a more engaging and relevant programme.
Find out more about future events via our website here.

If you haven’t done so already, please consider joining our mailing list to receive our regular e-newsletters with updates on events, ways to explore the collection online, exhibitions and more. You can subscribe here.
Edited by bridiem
Clause added re expiry date of link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 20/06/2023 at 15:09, Peanut68 said:

Do you need to join the society or anything? 

I was going to message you to pass you my link, Peanut68, since I’ve finished rewatching and it was a free event, but bridiem has efficiently sorted it all out already for us all. Professor Warner has interesting insights about Cinderella as well, which are interesting to compare when watching the Wheeldon production this week after having seen the Ashton one and/or any other versions from BRB (Bintley), Ratmansky, Matthew Bourne, Stevenson, Possokhov, etc etc.