Press Release: English National Ballet presents Nutcracker and Swan Lake at the London Coliseum this Winter

I don't live in London & would rather not be taking the train on New Year's Even so, having thought after seeing her as Henriette in Raymonda that I'd like to see her as Clara, that'll have to wait for another year. I called into the Coliseum box office pre-Mayerling yesterday & booked for the Nutcracker on 30th plus Swan Lake on 13th in order to get the multibuy offer, having double-checked with the box office that I can change for ยฃ3 if necessary. Snce I got a front row side block seat I'm hoping it won't be necessary: given there seem to be 4 potential SL casts & I want to see two of them there's a 50% chance...fingers crossed....

• Like 1

We can only hope that negotiations work out successfully and in good time for them to cancel the January strikes and preferably the December ones! ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

ย 

Am not that hopeful that they will sort it out in time (although they might for January)....I will hang on to my January RB Nutcracker tickets for now (there are still sufficient tickets available for those who want to buy at the moment).ย 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

We can only hope that negotiations work out successfully and in good time for them to cancel the January strikes and preferably the December ones! ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

ย 

I'm certainly hoping so, or my family birthday celebrations are going to be a complete bust (again) :(ย 

2 hours ago, alison said:

ย 

I'm certainly hoping so, or my family birthday celebrations are going to be a complete bust (again) :(ย 

Oh no ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ....is this you travelling to them or them coming to you, Alison......if youโ€™re the only one travelling can you take some time off work and just travel earlier and return later, either staying with family or booking a hotel? If itโ€™s them travelling to you, maybe reschedule it on a day that is not a strike day/week? I always feel anything within 10 days after or 1-2 days in advance is as good as celebrating on the exact day ๐Ÿ˜Š. Never pass up a chance for birthday celebrations, no matter whether rain, snow....or strikes, I say (to paraphrase an old song about the US postal service).