Home Ballet Barre

Zara

We are quite cheap in our house so we we were very surprised when the barre we bought from Amazon worked really well, and looks quite nice. It was less than £60 and I think it’s called Klarfit. We’ve had it for about a year and it still looks brand new, easy to assemble and disassemble and fits into a small dance space. Having said that I’m sure lots will recommend brands like Harlequin which is more well known but we didn’t invest in their barres or flooring (I personally found them too expensive when my DD prefers in person classes to online). We just got a generic black lino-type flooring (approx 2 x 2.5m) during the pandemic for about £20 and 3 years on it still works a treat on wood floor or thin carpet and my DD has done pointe work on it and the said barre with no problems.

• Thanks 1

Hi, thanks I will have a look, my DD only wants a barre for practising at home as she does a lot off lessons in class, I had a look at the Harlequin ones but definitely can’t stretch to that amount. Great that it works on wood floors and good for pointe too

We got DDs from The Ballet Barre Company, about 8 years ago. I have just looked at their website and boy have they gone up in price. We paid about £150 of which £100 was scholarship money. Having said that, it still looks as good as new and got her through school, vocational 6th form and 3 years at GSA including the pandemic.

There are some £40-£60 on amazon. It is very easy to build one from PVC pipe, but I think the cost of the pipe would be more than buying one. It is probably worth monitoring ebay too, if you aren't in a rush. At the mo, there are a couple for £10 or less. I built up a fairly good weight set from ebay, by placing minimum bids on plates within 5 miles of home.

• Like 1