help with fouettes at barre please

Mrs Brown

ISTD grade 6 barre exercise fouettes. Any ideas please on how not to end up tipping backwards at the end? No problem doing fouettes or pirouettes in the centre and no other balance issues just a problem with these. Any advice or suggestions as to what might be going wrong gratefully received. Thank you

Thank you both. It is my daughter not me. Sorry I was typing in a a hurry and only just realised I hadn't said that. This is what I was thinking (having no dance background myself), that it must be linked to catching the barre and maybe doing it too sharply and therefore disturbing her balance. I will get her to practice in our house so I can video it and maybe then she can see what she is doing wrong.  Hadn't thought about distance from the barre. Will get her to look at that too.

Thank you. Her exam is in a few weeks and it is the only thing she seems to find difficult, I think she a starting to get a mental block about it too which won't be helpful so if e can break it down and work out what is going wrong then she can work on trying to correct it rather than just "it doesn't work".

1 hour ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Worked on this with my student as she was doing same, so worked on it til she got it right! Once she got where to catch the barre (in front of her body!) she got it right! 

Thank you. Will get her to focus on this and see if that helps.

• Like 1