Brandon Lawrence (BRB), Fumi Kaneko and Vadim Muntagirov in R&J with Cape Town City Ballet

A news video including interviews and many clips of RB’s principals, Fumi and Vadim in rehearsal and performance of Veronica Paeper’s Romeo and Juliet with Cape Town City Ballet.  Brandon Lawrence, BRB principal, also appears.  Wish I could have seen this.  Enjoy!

Edited by FionaE
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Jan McNulty changed the title to Brandon Lawrence (BRB), Fumi Kaneko and Vadim Muntagirov in R&J with Cape Town City Ballet

How absolutely fantastic to see so much of Brandon in the rehearsals shown in this feature and you can also see Tzu Chao Chou in the class.

Brandon and Tzu Chao also performed in Les Patineurs.  The review I found was included in Links but here it is again:  https://calloffthesearch.com/art-entertainment/the-real-geniuses-of-our-times/?fbclid=IwAR3B5lZLbQsTHmry1gZE3LyIq9XVTbHkRiQdkC6HgNQWFjNNz02ewhEZvFw

Cape Town City Ballet also presented a world premiere by Northern Ballet's Kenny Tindall - Polarity and a number of performances were conducted by Northern Ballet's Music Director Jonathan Lo.

• Like 5

Also, former BRB Principal David Yow was a Guest Teacher with CTCB prior to, and during, the run of Romeo and Juliet and the Ikigai triple bill;

both Isabel McMeekan and Lynne Wallis were coaching Les Patineurs; and Kenneth Tindall was rehearsing his Polarity.

• Like 1

Fabulous to get tantalising glimpses of the principals in this beautiful ballet.  What a shame it wasn't filmed or streamed.  I would love to have seen it, especially Vadim dancing with Fumi.  That's a partnership I would love Kevin to develop at the ROH.  Interesting that Vadim also pointed out he got 4 performances there as opposed to the two he usually got at the ROH! I do wonder about what principals will do for this seasons long run of comparatively few ballets as there aren't that many to rehearse  let alone perform.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, jmhopton said:

Fabulous to get tantalising glimpses of the principals in this beautiful ballet.  What a shame it wasn't filmed or streamed.  I would love to have seen it, especially Vadim dancing with Fumi.  That's a partnership I would love Kevin to develop at the ROH.  Interesting that Vadim also pointed out he got 4 performances there as opposed to the two he usually got at the ROH! I do wonder about what principals will do for this seasons long run of comparatively few ballets as there aren't that many to rehearse  let alone perform.

Yes - some of the principals, especially e.g. Alexander Campbell, must feel more like guest artists than resident principals at the RB. I know they have a lot of freedom to guest elsewhere, but the lack of performances at the ROH must be a serious concern for at least some of them.

• Like 11

• 5 months later...

Another video from Cape Town … interviews and clips with Vadim and Fumi.  Also interviews with guest conductor Jonathan Lo and director of Cape Town City Ballet, Debbie Turner.  

Edited by FionaE
  • Like 2