Bolshoi and Mariinsky promotions.

This is one thread because I didn't want to make two.

I'm sure everyone heard, but the Bolshoi did lot of the promotions recently. 

Alena Kovalyova promoted to Prima Ballerina.

Egor Gerashchenko was promoted to the principal position.

Elizaveta Kokoreva and Eva Sergeenkova were made Leading Soloist.

At the Mariinsky Theatre, Alexandra Khiteyeva was made Coryphée, and has even been dancing roles like Maria in the Fountain of Bakhchisarai.

Renata Shakirova will probably be promoted to prima soon. She has had a lot, she debuted Nikiya and is going to debut Paquita in early July. Hopefully Maria Bulanova and Anastasia Lukina will be made first soloist soon as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

• 3 weeks later...

Nadezhda Batoeva has been named prima of the Mariinsky.

Very good news. It's long overdue.

Hopefully Shakirova next, and Lukina and Bulanova to first soloist 🙏🙏🙏

Edited by Nastya
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's not actually a promotion, but I have seen a message that Olesya Novikova, Mariinsky's prima, recently gave birth to the son. If I remember correctly, it's her 4th child; she surely is the only acting prima with four children!👏💐

Also, speaking about primas, I was touched by the recent Instagram post of Alena Kovaleva, I think, the youngest Bolshoi prima; she put her photo (a very beautiful one) and dared to write :" Photo from the photoshoot which took place in London even before the Pandemic began and so before the nightmare that's started next.

Hard to believe that it was the same life, that it was our reality. So simple it was. Hope, we will return to that reality soon. With all my soul praying and (as on the photo) reaching for the brighter future, where the World is living in peace and is open for everyone again."

• Like 5

Just now, Estreiiita said:

"Hope, we will return to that reality soon. With all my soul praying and (as on the photo) reaching for the brighter future, where the World is living in peace and is open for everyone again."

Beautiful sentiment from her, Estreiiita. Similar wishes have appeared as well from others.

And congratulations to the remarkable Olesya Novikova.

I notice that Xander Parish is still listed as a Principal Dancer at the Mariinsky site. Hopefully this is also a good sign for the future.

Edited by Buddy
  • Like 1

It's more Russian people, in ballet or not, against Putin and Ukraine war than a lot of foreigners would think.

I'd say even a majority of younger generation are not supporting.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/08/2022 at 21:44, Nastya said:

Lada Sartakova at the Primorsky is getting an extreme amount of roles. She is very talented, I hope she gets to the main Mariinsky soon.

She would certainly be a very useful soloist for them right now - their rankings are well overdue a good overhaul.  

I’ll try to keep an eye on Lada Sartakova, Nastya. Thank you.

From recent video clips, Renata Shakirova, is looking better than ever.  Combining the loveliness of a Maria Iliushkina, with her usual, impressive dance prowess and a very fine sense of drama with a very compelling, highly personal identity, she has the ability to be someone very special. She could have both the range and competence of a Nadezhda Batoeva with a depth and preciousness totally her own.

For what it’s worth, other favorite ballerinas at the moment are the Marias — Maria Iliushkina (graceful, very likeable), Maria Khoreva (multi-talented, inventive) and Maria Bulanova (vibrancy, dance prowess).

Edited by Buddy
  • Like 1

On 04/08/2022 at 13:44, Nastya said:

Lada Sartakova at the Primorsky is getting an extreme amount of roles. She is very talented, I hope she gets to the main Mariinsky soon.

Nastya, I just watched a video clip of her dancing the Princess Florine solo (Sleeping Beauty) which is one of the most beautiful, and she does look very lovely. She also has a certain personality that’s rather interesting and attractive. I would agree that she would seem to be a fine addition to the main company and it’s always nice to see such talent from so far away.

Another dancer who’s been mentioned before is from the school in Perm. She’s Valeria Kuznetsova and she performed at the Moscow Ballet Competition. Whether she would ever be invited to the Mariinsky or would want to be, I’m not sure, but I think that she would be another very good addition.

On 17/07/2022 at 15:19, Jeannette said:

"[Lizi Avsajanishvili] graduated in June 2020, just after the COVID shut downs. Bad luck in timing, as she had (has) such a promising career ahead of her at the Mariinsky. Maybe we’ll get to admire her art with another company." (Jeannette)

LIZI AVSAJANISHVILI is listed as corps de ballet at Staatsballett Berlin. 
https://www.staatsballett-berlin.de/ensemble/lizi-avsajanishvili/469

also her Instagram profile

https://instagram.com/lizzkaavs?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

(Thanks to Naomikage at BalletAlert!)

I certainly joined you, Jeannette, in assuming that she'd shine at the Mariinsky. Does anyone know what the attraction of the Staatsballett Berlin might be ?  In any case, I wish her much success.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buddy said:

"[….

I certainly joined you, Jeannette, in assuming that she'd shine at the Mariinsky. Does anyone know what the attraction of the Staatsballett Berlin might be ?  In any case, I wish her much success.

Oh, that’s great news, Buddy! Remember how her Instagram had indicated that she was auditioning in Berlin two or three months ago? Glad that she got in. Parabens! So the two recent graduates of Vaganova who I admire the most - Lizi A. and Misha Barkidjija - have both safely landed at great companies…Lizi in Berlin and Misha in Melbourne. 

Berlin has been a “secret love” of mine for years. Since I’ve been following Evelina Godunova…the gold medalist at the last Moscow IBC (2017) before this year’s edition. Ratmansky’s spectacular La Bayadere recon was for Berlin. Lots of greatness in Berlin.

Just now, Jeannette said:

Oh, that’s great news, Buddy! Remember how her Instagram had indicated that she was auditioning in Berlin two or three months ago? Glad that she got in. Parabens! So the two recent graduates of Vaganova who I admire the most - Lizi A. and Misha Barkidjija - have both safely landed at great companies…Lizi in Berlin and Misha in Melbourne. 

Berlin has been a “secret love” of mine for years. Since I’ve been following Evelina Godunova…the gold medalist at the last Moscow IBC (2017) before this year’s edition. Ratmansky’s spectacular La Bayadere recon was for Berlin. Lots of greatness in Berlin.

Thank you, Jeannette, for your post. I’d like to continue this discussion back at the Lizi Avsajanishvili topic since she’s no longer involved with the Mariinsky (for the moment anyway). Please take a look if you like.

https://www.balletcoforum.com/topic/25911-has-lili-asvajanishvili-left-the-mariinsky/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2022 at 17:36, Buddy said:

Nastya, I just watched a video clip of her dancing the Princess Florine solo (Sleeping Beauty) which is one of the most beautiful, and she does look very lovely. She also has a certain personality that’s rather interesting and attractive. I would agree that she would seem to be a fine addition to the main company and it’s always nice to see such talent from so far away.

Another dancer who’s been mentioned before is from the school in Perm. She’s Valeria Kuznetsova and she performed at the Moscow Ballet Competition. Whether she would ever be invited to the Mariinsky or would want to be, I’m not sure, but I think that she would be another very good addition.

She didn't get into the main company because she doesn't have a perfect build. Valeria would do well in the Mariinsky, especially considering Fateyev's favouring of Perm graduates

• 1 year later...

Bolshoi promotions today 

https://t.me/bolshoi_theatre/2127

Arina Denisova from First Soloist to Leading Soloist.

Daniil Potaptsev from Corps de Ballet to Soloist.

This young lad (19) graduated from the Eifman Academy (is that an unusual route?) into Bolshoi only one year ago.  He has performed virtuoso solo roles in Pharaoh’s Daughter and Marco Spada (can be found on YouTube), and also James in La Sylphide and last month debut’d as Albrecht alongside Elizaveta Kokoreva.   The Albrecht clips are worth searching for … along with beautiful technique, training and lines, he is charming.  He is in class and the Giselle rehearsal by these two in the Bolshoi World Ballet Day broadcast. 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzL4qVNgchg/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• Thanks 2