NBS - Free 2 day Summer School 😊

balletbean

“Summer School 2022 - Are you interested in applying for a place at Northern Ballet School, an international centre of excellence in training for classical ballet and musical theatre? Our free summer course offers you a taste of what that training is really like.

This two-day course will introduce you to the building and facilities and some of the tutors. It will help to build your technique and performance, gain confidence and meet like-minded people.

You will also get to watch our NBS Summer Show dress rehearsal in The Dancehouse Theatre on Thursday 7th, getting a real flavour of life as an NBS student and the performance opportunities given” 

3139FA0B-CF6D-41F7-A3C4-B023043B0C3A.jpeg

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Something free in the Ballet world??? And that’s open to all & not just to young dancers identifying as Male? Wow!

I hope lots have jumped on this opportunity as a great way to explore NBS but also will be useful as a taster of vocational training overall!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

Something free in the Ballet world??? And that’s open to all & not just to young dancers identifying as Male? Wow!

I hope lots have jumped on this opportunity as a great way to explore NBS but also will be useful as a taster of vocational training overall!

Gotta say, I've been really impressed that NBS offer quite a few free workshops, and auditions are free to attend too (plus they gave parents somewhere to sit on a rainy audition day and provided tea and coffee - can't knock that!!) I spoke to one of the staff about it who said they appreciated that some people had to travel considerable distance and sometimes pay for overnight accommodation and they didn't want cost to be a barrier. 

Obviously they're hoping that you'll decide to train there and they'll get paid that way but regardless of that they were thoughtful gestures and that didn't go unnoticed or unappreciated!

• Like 4