Easter Residentials

WrapsnBows

My DS has said he would like todo Tring Easter residential but a few years ago he did another residential at another vocational school and we were very disappointed with it, my DS son loves his associates at this school but the ss wasn’t a patch on what we expected so before i sign my DS up for tring I’d like to hear of experience please especially for the older ones as he’s nearly 14.   He’s already disappointed as his school music tour abroad has cancelled so hence last minute change  

This was posted on Malvern Ballet Seminars Facebook page recently. 

Due to popular demand we have secured another boarding house therefore more places have become available for our Easter Course 19-22nd April. Please message us to express your interest in a place.

My dd did Malvern a few times and the teaching was always excellent. 

On 19/03/2022 at 16:45, taxi4ballet said:

My dd did the Tring easter residential several times a few years back and always really enjoyed it.

Can you remover the time table etc I’ve asked my DS again and he has said yes was it as similar standard to the normal teaching?    And it says a theatre trip now is that to a west end show do you remember. Sorry about the questions 

DD did the Tring Musical Theatre Summer School a few years back, and their theatre trip was to see a musical in Birmingham, (i think) that an ex Tring student was in. DD enjoyed the course, but wasn't overly impressed with the dance teaching, as she felt they were arranged in age groups, rather than ability, and no one was that bothered if they could actually dance or not. She had fun, but wasn't sure if she actually learnt anything much! 

10 hours ago, WrapsnBows said:

Can you remover the time table etc I’ve asked my DS again and he has said yes was it as similar standard to the normal teaching?    And it says a theatre trip now is that to a west end show do you remember. Sorry about the questions 

They did trips to see west end shows during their Christmas residentials. I don't remember them doing the same at Easter, so maybe they do that now. The teaching was always a very high standard.

1 hour ago, Pixiewoo said:

DD did the Tring Musical Theatre Summer School a few years back, and their theatre trip was to see a musical in Birmingham, (i think) that an ex Tring student was in. DD enjoyed the course, but wasn't overly impressed with the dance teaching, as she felt they were arranged in age groups, rather than ability, and no one was that bothered if they could actually dance or not. She had fun, but wasn't sure if she actually learnt anything much! 

That could be because it was MT rather than a dance course, and some of the attendees were more into the singing side etc and were less experienced dance-wise?

7 hours ago, taxi4ballet said:

That could be because it was MT rather than a dance course, and some of the attendees were more into the singing side etc and were less experienced dance-wise?

Probably, but DD said that they asked what dance experience they all had on the first morning, and at least half were at a high level/ dancing several nights/days a week. It was what it was, but she was a bit disappointed.