Performers College audition

Sharroneg1

Hi everyone, my daughter auditioned for Performers College (Birmingham) at the weekend. Despite her thinking it had all gone really well, she wasn’t offered a place on the day like we saw quite a few were on social media.

I think this is the first year the B’ham auditions have taken place ‘in real life’ so not sure if anyone has any experience of this.

If a candidate does not get an offer on the day, is there much hope of getting one afterwards? They said everyone would hear within 2 weeks so luckily not too long to wait either way! She is not holding out much hope to be honest…

Hi

DD auditioned for Performers in Essex.

She got an offer on the day, about 9 of them did altogether across Diploma and Degree.

DDs friends didn’t get an offer on the day, one subsequently got an offer, one got reserve and the other, a not on this occasion so I think it’s a bit of a mixed bag 🤷‍♀️

From what they said it was around a week and a half before they received their outcomes.

sorry I realise this won’t have cleared anything up x

3 hours ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

Hi

DD auditioned for Performers in Essex.

She got an offer on the day, about 9 of them did altogether across Diploma and Degree.

DDs friends didn’t get an offer on the day, one subsequently got an offer, one got reserve and the other, a not on this occasion so I think it’s a bit of a mixed bag 🤷‍♀️

From what they said it was around a week and a half before they received their outcomes.

sorry I realise this won’t have cleared anything up x

Thank you, that’s really interesting. I don’t suppose you know whether her friends were called for an interview at the end of the audition day do you?

Did your daughter end up going there? 

On 09/03/2022 at 20:09, Sharroneg1 said:

Still not heard anything, has anyone else heard back from Birmingham Performers? 

DD found out today she’s on the waiting list so will probably go with one of her other offers even though this was her first choice. She wants to make a decision sooner rather than later because of booking accommodation etc. She won’t find out about Performers until May according to the email and that’s too long to wait I think. Oh well! 

42 minutes ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

It’s so tricky isn’t it, with all the different deadlines etc, DD has resigned herself to trying to adopt a what will be will be attitude, but it is easier said than done!😊

She’s got the right attitude! And I agree, it’s so tricky. One of her offers needs a response in 3 weeks so it’s putting the pressure on a bit. Her last audition isn’t for another 3 weeks 🤦🏻‍♀️ Has your daughter decided where she is going? 

17 minutes ago, Sharroneg1 said:

She’s got the right attitude! And I agree, it’s so tricky. One of her offers needs a response in 3 weeks so it’s putting the pressure on a bit. Her last audition isn’t for another 3 weeks 🤦🏻‍♀️ Has your daughter decided where she is going? 

DD wants to go to NBS, second choice performers, she has 3 weeks to decide on performers or not but they won’t offer funding without a hard acceptance (level 6 Diploma) and it’s a firm commit to the 15k fees, DaDA or not and she doesn’t know about any funding at NBS yet either. 🤷‍♀️

Are you saying that for performers you have to commit to paying the full fees right now if you accept a place?  It seems odd - that way only people who can actually afford full fees will be able to accept which almost defeats the object of having funding.  

15 minutes ago, glowlight said:

Are you saying that for performers you have to commit to paying the full fees right now if you accept a place?  It seems odd - that way only people who can actually afford full fees will be able to accept which almost defeats the object of having funding.  

Yes that’s what the letter says. We unfortunately don’t come from the correct income bracket to commit to that without knowing if funding is available.

• 1 year later...
On 11/03/2022 at 15:24, Sharroneg1 said:

DD found out today she’s on the waiting list so will probably go with one of her other offers even though this was her first choice. She wants to make a decision sooner rather than later because of booking accommodation etc. She won’t find out about Performers until May according to the email and that’s too long to wait I think. Oh well! 

hi do you know how many get a place from the waiting list or know of anyone who was originally on the waiting list and got a place? Thanks 

Hi, in the end she decided to let her dance offers go and she now goes to university in Liverpool doing a media and marketing degree. She has totally given up dancing and while she says she misses some bits of it, she’s definitely made the right choice for her. The drive to dance every day just wasn’t there and you need to be 100% committed -  which she wasn’t!