Dance Schools Manchester

Zara

Hi, we are looking to relocate to Manchester from London hopefully before September! My daughter currently trains at Central School of Ballet plus a local ballet/dance school to us where she is doing her prevocational course, does anyone have any recommendations for dance schools in the area where they have associate classes or prevocational courses as she would like to continue her training when we move! Thanks 

I may be out of touch, but I too was going to suggest Centre Pointe.  They certainly produced excellent dancers when my dd was training.

In terms of Associates - Northern Ballet in Leeds is about an hour's train ride from Manchester.  This would probably give her something similar to what she currently has at Central.  They also have a more intensive CAT scheme (Centre for Advanced Training) - but for that you would have to be in Leeds several times a week which is a lot of travelling.

There is a CAT scheme based at The Lowry in Manchester which is more contemporary focused.

• 3 months later...
On 25/02/2022 at 01:14, Cheshiredancemum said:

Hi Zara, Ballet Boost and also CATs associate classes are popular choices for dancers from in and around Manchester. If you want to let me know the areas in which you are looking to move to, I can make some dance school recommendations for you. I’m happy if you want to DM me?

Hi we are hoping to move to Didsbury or Chorlton, my daughter has just auditioned for CAT at the Lowry and I was advised if she’s successful to carry on her ballet training alongside it too! I think we’ve missed most deadlines for associate courses for September this year which is a shame 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2022 at 18:16, Zara said:

Hi we are hoping to move to Didsbury or Chorlton, my daughter has just auditioned for CAT at the Lowry and I was advised if she’s successful to carry on her ballet training alongside it too! I think we’ve missed most deadlines for associate courses for September this year which is a shame 

Didsbury and Chorlton are both fairly easy for getting to Centre Pointe in Denton, where you can find Pre-Vocational training. They also have really nice studios, a good cafe and a shop on site (for mums taxi 🍰) which is a bonus.

My Dd didn’t train there as we chose another very good school in Cheshire which was closer to where we lived. But my dd has friends at CP who are very happy there. She also attended the Manchester JA classes there, (although the JA venue has now changed), and more recently attended a Tierney Heap workshop at CP, and she really enjoyed it.

https://www.centre-pointe.co.uk/

Good luck with your move!

Edited by Cheshiredancemum