How much to perform in end of year (local) dance school show?

invisiblecircus

On 14/02/2022 at 21:23, balletbean said:

Brings back some memories. A few years ago my DD & her friend entered the Demi-character class for a local festival. Delving deep into the schools wardrobe out came the tried and tested handmade dresses, petticoats  and aprons for the set choreography. Oh the memories as the photos came out to for the girls to see who had worn them over the years. The dresses had survived 40yrs. Lovingly washed, starched and pressed. A credit to the original seamstress. Can’t say the sequin outfits bought nowadays would hold out for quite so long.  

I still have a maid's costume that my mother made for me well over 60 years ago!  It was for a demi-character dance -The Maid in the Haunted House!  It's still in pristine condition and actually fitted my 6 year old granddaughter perfectly when she tried it on!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dance*is*life said:

I still have a maid's costume that my mother made for me well over 60 years ago!  It was for a demi-character dance -The Maid in the Haunted House!  It's still in pristine condition and actually fitted my 6 year old granddaughter perfectly when she tried it on!

Oh bless, if only these old costumes could talk as I’m sure they would have a tale or two to tell. ☺️

• Like 1

On 27/02/2022 at 23:02, glowlight said:

I'm intrigued by the title of @Dance*is*life's demi-character dance.  Sounds quite exciting!

As far as I remember it was just a day out for the maid to visit the haunted house in the local fair!   It's a beautifully made red and white striped dress with leg o' mutton sleeves, which was worn with a white apron.  My mother was actually a dressmaker, but in those days all the mothers sewed, something that as I said above is very hard to find nowadays!   

Edited by Dance*is*life

On 01/03/2022 at 07:43, Dance*is*life said:

As far as I remember it was just a day out for the maid to visit the haunted house in the local fair!   It's a beautifully made red and white striped dress with leg o' mutton sleeves, which was worn with a white apron.  My mother was actually a dressmaker, but in those days all the mothers sewed, something that as I said above is very hard to find nowadays!   

Love it. Meanwhile for us it was a duet  “Ann Ann come quick as you can’,(there’s a fish in the frying pan’) An incredibly long title… 😃

Beautifully made dresses that have passed the test of time:- Orange and White striped dresses with Leg O’Mutton Sleeves worn with a white apron😉. Hair worn half-up with an orange ribbon ☺️

• Like 1

• 9 months later...