Tring Park Associates - advice needed, particularly from TPA parents

MaguiRP

Hello all. 

My 15 year old DD has just been offered a place at TPA.  She has recently decided to pursue vocational ballet training, and so we are going to apply to the usual RBS and Central Associates Programmes for next September. She’s also auditioning for Tring Park CBA next weekend.  
Her ballet training at the local ballet school has always been excellent and she absolutely loves it there. She also takes modern, jazz etc, so there’s not much in the TPA schedule that she cannot do where she is now.  If she accepts TPA, she would have to give it up. Is it worth it?  I’ve heard that TPA is slightly misleading in name as it is more like a very good local dance school, and that it is CBA that is comparable to the other ballet schools associate programmes.  We met Janet Devenish at the audition and she is lovely and tells me many of her advanced ballet pupils also do CBA.  but is TPA necessary if she’s successful in her CBA audition?  Your advise would be very welcome at this point!

Hi MaguiRP, welcome from me too.  No, being part of TPA is definitely not a requirement for getting into CBA, don’t worry!  TPA is great if you are not already getting good quality local training.  It sounds like your dd is already in a good local school, so CBA (and/or RBS/Central Pre-Seniors) will add to that.  My dd was at CBA and Central Associates but wasn’t at TPA.

You are correct, Tring Park Associates is somewhat confusingly named because CBA is the scheme that is equivalent to RBS Associates, Central Preps and Pre-Seniors etc.

When do you need to make the decision about TPA?

13 minutes ago, Anna C said:

Hi MaguiRP, welcome from me too.  No, being part of TPA is definitely not a requirement for getting into CBA, don’t worry!  TPA is great if you are not already getting good quality local training.  It sounds like your dd is already in a good local school, so CBA (and/or RBS/Central Pre-Seniors) will add to that.  My dd was at CBA and Central Associates but wasn’t at TPA.

You are correct, Tring Park Associates is somewhat confusingly named because CBA is the scheme that is equivalent to RBS Associates, Central Preps and Pre-Seniors etc.

When do you need to make the decision about TPA?

Thank you. Not sure when I need to reply. Only got the offer earlier this week!  I’m hoping I can put it off for another week or so. 

• Like 1