ARBTA or RAD Advanced 1 dvd

Oakley

ARBTA has a written syllabus only, you can get a copy from the Administrator.  They follow the traditions of the Russian schools in that certain steps must be included for each level, but it is up to the teacher to devise the class and find the music.  You may have noticed that when writing about Russian dancers if it says they graduated from Vaganova Academy it will add "class of ....." giving the teacher's name. This is because one teacher takes a class all the way though Senior training, not that one teacher has 1st year and another 2nd year etc. I have been a member of ARBTA for many years now and I am pleased to say they are going from strengh to strength.

47 minutes ago, Pas de Quatre said:

ARBTA has a written syllabus only, you can get a copy from the Administrator.  They follow the traditions of the Russian schools in that certain steps must be included for each level, but it is up to the teacher to devise the class and find the music.  You may have noticed that when writing about Russian dancers if it says they graduated from Vaganova Academy it will add "class of ....." giving the teacher's name. This is because one teacher takes a class all the way though Senior training, not that one teacher has 1st year and another 2nd year etc. I have been a member of ARBTA for many years now and I am pleased to say they are going from strengh to strength.

Thank you very much for your reply, I'm studying Vaganova style ballet so I would prefer this method.  I'll contact them and find out more.

• Like 1