Northern Ballet (Leeds) Reserves

HowMuch!

• 1 month later...

I heard from a friend with a DD in CAT already that current students have to accept their offers to continue next week. I‘m hoping that means there could be some movement for CAT? Plus RBS year 6 JAs got their places this week which might mean some movement for associates. 

All very much wishful thinking though. I’m clinging on to a vague glimmer of hope! 

My DD is going into year 6 and is a reserve at northern for juniors as well as being a reserve for CAT. I’m not sure if they split the junior associates group at northern but hopefully if a soon to be year 6 got a RBS JA place then they might take it in preference to northern? Maybe not? The classes are on different days so some may do both. 

I have everything crossed for my DD but I’m not holding my breath!

My DD got through to final auditions for Northern Ballet senior associates. These were due to take place late April and were postponed for obvious reasons. We received an email yesterday to say the senior associate auditions had been cancelled and would no longer take place. Apparently the academy  has to reduce the number of dancers accessing the building which will have an impact on timetables and class sizes. I suppose this may also impact people gaining places from reserves but who knows as I appreciate your children were waiting for Juniors and CAT not senior associates. I have a very disappointed DD😥

1 hour ago, Lou Lou said:

My DD got through to final auditions for Northern Ballet senior associates. These were due to take place late April and were postponed for obvious reasons. We received an email yesterday to say the senior associate auditions had been cancelled and would no longer take place. Apparently the academy  has to reduce the number of dancers accessing the building which will have an impact on timetables and class sizes. I suppose this may also impact people gaining places from reserves but who knows as I appreciate your children were waiting for Juniors and CAT not senior associates. I have a very disappointed DD😥

I had wondered if this might be the case. DD goes to their open classes and we’ve had similar info - signing up but with no guarantee of a spot. 

Thankfully DD seems to have put it all behind her and hasn’t asked about it recently so I expect she’ll keep plodding on with her other classes quite happily! 

I’m sorry to hear about seniors finals being cancelled. That must be a disappointing blow. X

Edited by HowMuch!

I would imagine you might hear soon! We have contacted NB to say my daughter will not be continuing onto Level 2 as going to Elmhurst, along with another student on the CAT. Plus Miss Yoko has been in watching the zoom lessons for the last couple of weeks.

My DD is an intermediate associate and we had an email this week. The associate class sizes have had to be reduced for Sept and the timetable changed. All sessions are much shorter. There have been no reassessments of those students who didn't make it straight through the first assessment round - they are all being given places. This seems very fair, as they haven't really had a chance to work on their target areas. But it may result in fewer places for reserves. It's just really hard all round. I think NB are doing their best and I have to say they've been incredibly reasonable about fees.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Streetdancer said:

My DD is an intermediate associate and we had an email this week. The associate class sizes have had to be reduced for Sept and the timetable changed. All sessions are much shorter. There have been no reassessments of those students who didn't make it straight through the first assessment round - they are all being given places. This seems very fair, as they haven't really had a chance to work on their target areas. But it may result in fewer places for reserves. It's just really hard all round. I think NB are doing their best and I have to say they've been incredibly reasonable about fees.

It’s been such a difficult year in so many different ways. I had a chat with my DD yesterday about reserves and how she probably won’t hear anything. She was really level headed about it and is simply keen to audition for next year! No tears, no upset, no regret. She’s amazing!