Cambridge University Ballet Club - Scheherazade

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - the spontaneous audience reaction would suggest it went well, and the emotion stirred up by the soloists in the final scene was pretty palpable.   I trust that Scheherazade went equally well.

Me?  The silver-haired chap on the front row of the chorus, between two of our lady tenors.

• Like 1

I was somewhat surprised to notice a couple of women singing with the tenors. Is that due to a lack of (male) tenors?

I thought the soloists were very good, especially Michael Wade Lee & Mirouslava Yordanova, as being off-book they were able to get more drama into it.

Edited by Dawnstar

In fact, we have three ladies at the moment - just a matter of where the voice placement falls.  I rather agree about the soloists - especially Ms Yordanova.  It was, I believe, Linda Richardson's first Aida and, from what I could see, she was using the score solely as an occasional reminder.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 08/12/2019 at 13:55, Ian Macmillan said:

Thanks - the spontaneous audience reaction would suggest it went well, and the emotion stirred up by the soloists in the final scene was pretty palpable.   I trust that Scheherazade went equally well.

Me?  The silver-haired chap on the front row of the chorus, between two of our lady tenors.

A belated response here - I think it did go pretty well, although it's tough getting a full house at that time of night!

It was certainly very colourful....

I wanted to include a picture, but the system is rejecting my 90kB image, saying I'm only allowed up to 153.6kB!