RBS summer school question

Boys_can_dance

1 hour ago, Boys_can_dance said:

Could someone please tell me, for a 14 yr old dancer applying for RBS summer school ( friend of my son’s), if the application says week 1&2, does that mean they will have to go both weeks, or either week? And any experiences with the summer school at that age? Thanks for your help!

At 14, they are expected to do 2 weeks ‘intensive’ training. It’s the same for ENB and many of the international summer schools. There are 4 classes a day including ballet, repertoire, contemporary/ jazz,  pointe work  and character. Not sure re boys classes though.  The standard is high as you would expect. The accommodation is modern and dormitories of 2 sharing. The students are mainly international. They tend to pair English speaking students together. There are activities arranged for the middle weekend.

Parents can watch classes on the last day. It is a ‘full on’ and worthwhile couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Boys_can_dance said:

Thanks- it’s just very expensive, and they’ll find it difficult to fund 2 weeks, even at reduced rate.

Totally empathise!!! We have found that some of the smaller, low profile summer schools can be equally worthwhile ( if not more)  and slightly cheaper. Smaller classes, more corrections and easier to make friends. If you have any friends or distant relatives living in UK then being a day student can work out a cheaper option.

• Like 1

Slightly older children (15+? 16+?) may also enjoy summer schools abroad - great opportunity to travel unaccompanied, mix with a wide range of students and get a taster for a life outside the UK if they decide to pursue that route either for 16+ education or beyond.  Generally a lot cheaper than the UK even with travel factored in (never could afford the  Prague summer school). 

My musical DD's first lesson:  you don't go and stand at the bottom of the plane and wait for the luggage as you do on a coach.  And the baggage handler may not speak English to explain this to you!

• Like 1

Sorry to go off topic 're RBS summer school 2020 but I can't find a thread. I noticed on the application the results would be mid January, where in previous years I've noticed from other threads the results have come out quite quickly after deadline. Is the date given for Jan a definate? Or is a chance the results maybe sent before Christmas? 😊

7 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

I may be wrong but think possibly the before Xmas results have been for Spring courses?

That's what happened last year but the spring intensive said it results would be out by last Friday which I think they were, the summer it says mid Jan.... it's all confusing 😂 last year it was extended deadline but results out just before Christmas 🤔