Why do the NYCB or ABT never tour the UK unlike the great Russian companies?

2 hours ago, Fonty said:

Sorry, but I had to laugh at your post.  I would have been very upset if I booked to go and then found all the performances were cancelled!  It doesn't exactly make me want to start looking up train tickets on Eurostar. 🙂

Believe me, we are upset (inasmuch as disappointed).  However I understand their reason for striking as the dancers of POB have the kind of pensions that all ballet dancers deserve - dating back to the seventeenth century no less - and they are unwilling to give them up.  

• Like 2

Not just the dancers, @maryrosesatonapin. There's a special agreement in place for all the Opéra backstage peeps, as well as the singers and orchestra members.

Agree the Garnier is stunning. Booked back to back tours in 2017, the first in French and the second in English ("just in cases"). Cancelled the English one as the French-language guide was so good I understood everything. Did literally LOL at the ticket office though which tried to make me cancel the French-language tour as "it is for French people, madame, she will not speak slow for you".

(NB my much-loved and respected French teacher was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia for her services to education last week)

• Like 4