Royal Ballet Mid Associates

Tutu Cute

Hi Tutu Cute

Mids is separate to White Lodge Finals last year my DD got a No for invite to final audition and a Yes for Mids so there is still hope!!

Good Luck for MA results they came out a couple of weeks after final results... i think!

• Like 1

You could still get a place in mid or senior associates - some do, despite not getting to finals for WL.

And it used to be the case that everyone who got to finals, but were unsuccessful for WL, then got an associate place, but last year that wasn't the case - there were some who didn't get either.

• 1 month later...

Last year my DD was at the White lodge final, it was a no but then was put on a waiting list for a Mids place, which was awful as we were told 'not to worry you'll get a Mids place, if you make the final you should get one' that wasn't the case as her and another girl (both JA's at leeds) both got put on reserve list, but not after were offered Mids places from the reserve list x works differently every year I think depending on how many go through and what other offers other dancers have :)guess I'm trying to say never give up it sometimes comes good, waiting isn't nice especially if they have nothing else lined up (we didn't) but it does happen :) good luck everyone xxxxx

My DD was also in the same position last year making White Lodge finals and then on waiting list for Manchester MAs but didn't get a place.It just made her resolve to work harder and reapply and now she's off to vocational school :D

• Like 2

Wow celb that's fantastic, congratulations to your daughter, it's a hard industry and the childrens resilience and commitment helps them spring back, it must be so difficult to carry on at such a young age but they bounce back :) we were very lucky that a place came available as two girls in the class both got in White lodge and turned their places down x

• 3 weeks later...

Yes - I know of one girl from last year who made Year 7 White Lodge final but still only got MA Waiting List.! However she finally got her MA place and well deserved. Auditioned for a Year 8 White Lodge place again this year and called back for finals although wasn't offered a place. Hopefully she should surely keep her MA place?