Summer Intensive level

Aurora3

I'm at a shorter (9 days) summer intensive at the Moment. Unfortunately the medium level was deleted. So, at first I tried the lower class and it was extremely slow and easy and the teacher spend a lot of time talking, so that it was really boring. Furthermore, they don't do pointework. Then I tried the upper class and it is the contrary: extremely fast and difficult. As no group in my level exists, which would you recommend?

Yes, I paid a lot oft money, indeed! It was announced that the intermediate class would not take place and wie had to go to one oft the others. I have already told the organisator and others also habe complained, so she promised 3 levels next year, but that doesn't hell me right now. I have to do one oft these.

Oh no, sorry to hear this. 

My advice would be to make the most of the situation - can you mix and match? Spend some time in the lower class perfecting technique but also spend some time in the higher one to push yourself and take something new away from it? 

Hope you manage to enjoy your time xx

I agree. If they've cancelled the Intermediate level, then it is their responsibility to allow you to progress. Clearly, the Beginner's level is not suitable for you - so talk to organisers & teacher about allowing you to modify the work in the Advanced class. See it as an amazing opportunity to step up to an advanced level.

• Like 2

Thank you all! Mixing is not possible, so I think it is probably better to go for more advanced work than doing too little (especially AS the teacher talks so much in the lower level that we didn't spend enough time DOING something, which I think is absolutely vital for learning ballet)?