On 23/03/2023 at 11:23, SheilaC said:

There are some rather tempting programmes eg Raymonda (December), Giselle (october;), 2 Ratmansky ballets to Stravinsky: The Fairy's Kiss, The Firebird (June), a Dutch triple: ballets by Kylian, Van Manen, David Dawson , Milena Sidorova (April); the (full length) Frida (February).

There's less Balanchine than DNB sometimes offers, but the amazingly modern Four Temperaments is in a quadruple bill that includes ballets by Van Manen and Brandsen.

Does anyone know how easily it is to pick up tickets to the DNB at short notice? I am quite keen to see specific dancers in specific roles but I think they are another company that only announces the cast two weeks before (we don't give the Royal Ballet enough credit for planning this out well in advance!)

• Like 3

On 05/04/2023 at 15:25, TSR101 said:

Does anyone know how easily it is to pick up tickets to the DNB at short notice? I am quite keen to see specific dancers in specific roles but I think they are another company that only announces the cast two weeks before (we don't give the Royal Ballet enough credit for planning this out well in advance!)

There is a resale site you can try. I used it to sell some tickets recently myself. 

https://www.operaballet.nl/en/your-visit/visitor-information/ticket-exchange

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ernst Meisner, former Royal Ballet dancer and now Artistic Co-ordinator of the Dutch National Ballet Junior Company and Director of the Dutch National Ballet Academy has just choreographed his third full-length ballet for DNB, along with his hip-hop collaborator, Marco Gerris, which opens in Amsterdam on Thursday, 11 May.  I believe that Anna Tsygankova has a major role in the ballet.

There is an interesting introduction here

• Like 2