Maybe we could gather news about dance in the Netherlands here, as their two famous companies have announced their next season:

Het Nationale with a Balanchine bill, Rudi van Dantzig's Romeo and Juliet, a Nutcracker by Wayne Eagling and Toer van Schayk, the world premiere of "Frida" by Annabelle Lopez Ochoa, Giselle, a triple bill by Wayne McGregor, David Dawson and Juanjo Arqués, and a Beethoven triple bill by Hans van Manen, Toer van Schayk and Wubkje Kuindersma/Ernst Meisner/Remi Wörtmeyer.

https://www.operaballet.nl/en/program/ballet?filter=543

After a five year hiatus, Nederlands Dans Theater is dancing Kylián again!! For their 60th anniversary season, they show repertory by former directors Hans van Manen und Kylián, together with many new ballets by Lightfoot/León, Crystal Pite, Marco Goecke, Edward Clug, Damien Jalet, Medhi Walerksi,  and repertory by Gabriela Carrizo,  Sharon Eyal & Gai Behar, Yoann Bourgeois, Johan Inger and Ohad Naharin. They announce a tour to London

https://www.ndt.nl/en/discover/news/ndt-celebrates-60-years.html

• Like 6

I wish they were bringing the Kylián programme to the UK rather than the León/Lightfoot/Pite/Goecke collaboration.

Wow, you're the first British person I know who wants to see Kylián...  😉

Somehow Clement Crisp and lots of bad reviews conveyed the impression that London hates the NDT. But they keep coming back, so I'm sure there is an audience for them.

1 hour ago, Angela said:

Wow, you're the first British person I know who wants to see Kylián...  

That might change after I finally do see it!

Edited by Lizbie1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Angela said:

Wow, you're the first British person I know who wants to see Kylián...  😉

Somehow Clement Crisp and lots of bad reviews conveyed the impression that London hates the NDT. But they keep coming back, so I'm sure there is an audience for them.

I love much of the Kylián choreography I have seen!

• Like 2

Daniel Camargo, who guested with the RB, has left Het Nationale to work freelance. He continues to be a Principal Guest Artist at Czech National Ballet at Prague.

Coppelia, a new Animation and Ballet Film with Michaela DePrince and Darcey Bussell

Dutch National Ballet announces the filming of Coppelia, an original family film based on the modern version of the ballet classic. In this unique international production, which combines animation and ballet, star ballerina of Dutch National Ballet Michaela DePrince dances the leading role, alongside Daniel Camargo. The cast also includes Igone de Jongh, principal dancer with Dutch National Ballet, the former Bolshoi Ballet and Royal Ballet star Irek Mukhamedov, the British ballet and television star Darcey Bussell, and Dutch dancer and actor Jan Kooijman. An international team of designers and animators is working on the production, shaping the characters and the story. Coppelia is directed by Jeff Tudor, Steven de Beul and Ben Tesseur. The choreographer is Ted Brandsen, director of Dutch National Ballet. The film is expected to be screened at the end of 2020.

• Like 4

On 28/02/2019 at 17:21, Jan McNulty said:

I love much of the Kylián choreography I have seen!

So do I. Symphony of Psalms in particular. 

44 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

I'm out of date with Nederlands Dans Theater.  Has Paul Lightfoot stepped down?

I've just done what I should have done in the first place and used google!

Paul Lightfoot announced his intention to step down last October.  He is AD until the end of the 19/20 season:

https://www.ndt.nl/en/discover/news/paul.html

• Like 1

Igone de Jongh is retiring/leaving the Dutch National Ballet:

14 minutes ago, Angela said:

Sol León and Paul Lightfoot say goodbye to Nederlands Dans Theater:

https://www.ndt.nl/en/discover/news/sol-paul-say-goodbye.html

I find it a bit sad that NDT is losing the continuity from Kylian to Lightfoot and hopefully would have been beyond if Lightfoot had stayed on in an advisory capacity.

I believe the incoming AD is also a choreographer so it seems a bit strange to me for the company to say they will not have a house choreographer.

• Like 1

I think it's a very good decision for the company.

A few years ago Jiri Kyliàn decided to remove all his pieces from the repertoire, we don't know what was behind this decision but at the end it was a good way to allow NDT to renew itself.

5 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

I believe the incoming AD is also a choreographer so it seems a bit strange to me for the company to say they will not have a house choreographer.

Yes, Emily Molnar is a choreographer