Danielle De Niese as Musetta

MAB

One of the opera regulars said she is the best Musetta he's ever seen, her acting abilities, sense of fun and wonderful voice all add up to an impressive package.   I loved her, anyone else planning on seeing this La Boheme?  The leads. Agresta and  Polenzani were both good and had a couple of people sitting near me in tears.  Only drawback of this new production for me is the scout hut affair that is supposed to be a Parisian attic, it's too sterile for my liking and why does poor Mimi have to die on the floor?  I would have thought even poor bohemian students sleep on beds.

42 minutes ago, MAB said:

Only drawback of this new production for me is the scout hut affair that is supposed to be a Parisian attic, it's too sterile for my liking and why does poor Mimi have to die on the floor?  I would have thought even poor bohemian students sleep on beds.

I wondered all this when I saw it on TV last year: quite put me off the whole production.  Unfortunately, I realise that the big screen relay was last night, and I missed it.  Not prepared to go and pay silly money to watch an Encore screening somewhere.

19 hours ago, alison said:

I wondered all this when I saw it on TV last year: quite put me off the whole production.  Unfortunately, I realise that the big screen relay was last night, and I missed it.  Not prepared to go and pay silly money to watch an Encore screening somewhere.

It was also streamed online and is now available on demand (I'm not sure how long for).

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/catch-puccinis-la-boheme-on-bp-big-screens-in-the-uk-on-26-june-2018

• 4 weeks later...

Have just had a couple of highly enjoyable days at the,ROH seeing Boheme and Falstaff. And Danielle de Niese rightly brought the house down! I enjoyed the production, although I found the fact that the shed in Act 2 suddenly started to

move and I wondered if there,was some sort of malfunction. But no, although from my side SC seat I found it a,but distracting (and fascinating) to see so much of the backstage area. Falstaff great fun, Bryn Terfel on terrific form with Sir Simon a slightly sinister Ford. The whole cast really played it for all its worth, chorus and orchestra excellent. Now nothing until The Ring in October - give my bank balance time to recuperate!