Classical music for ballet class available

Jarred Drozd

Hi everybody, 

I just want to let you know that I have CDs with classical piano music designed for ballet classes for sale. I've been playing for dance for years and the music is adapted for classical ballet classes. It's here

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/piano-music-for-ballet-class-inspirations-i/1303644998

and more here

https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/JarredDrozd

thanks

Ballet Class Inpiration vol II CD cover2 smaller.jpg

Hello Jarred and welcome to the Forum!  I've moved your post to the more appropriate "Doing Dance" Forum.

In accordance with the Forum's Acceptable Use Policy could I please ask you to add a signature to your profile?

"Commerce There is no bar to people representing commercial ventures from signing up to BalletcoForum with a view to spreading information about their wares or offering relevant services.

That said, we are not an advertising hoarding and repeated postings of the same or similar information will not be tolerated, nor frivolous posts which merely seem designed to get the company name ‘up there’. Nor will we allow vendors to use BalletcoForum as their shopfront: if you have a selling business you should use your own website for trade and market testing, not this one.

Members who have commercial interests must indicate that by adding a Signature line to their postings, stating the name and type of their business and giving their website and/or business email address for enquiries. Signatures are best displayed as text but small graphic logos are permissible. (Set up a Signature via Account Settings in the dropdown menu under your name.) If members wish to contact businesses, associate schemes or other commercial enterprises this should be done via the vendor’s website or email, not by starting threads on the forum. Sending promotional ‘mailshot’ messages to other users is not allowed."

• Like 1

I'd love this as there has been a move to "upbeat" ballet class music in recent years and although I don't mind the odd pop/rock/popular musical vibe in a class  I do hate it when a teacher has say set fondus at the barre to "How much is that doggy in the window" ....well okay as some sort of class "in joke" occasionally .....( .if something has come out of class "banter" and there is a pianist who has picked up on it and played a piece for a bit of a joke ) or the teacher sets a really nice adage and then the music is "somewhere over the rainbow"It's not that I don't like this song....especially when Judy Garland sings it ....but not to do classical ballet to! There is so much lovely classical music around and anyway for me even as a seven year old was the initial reason I was attracted to do ballet class.

Over  the years ( as of course I am a bit of an "oldie" now) it has been particularly inspirational when have had the luxury of not just a very good pianist to play for class but actually concert pianists playing. They can just throw out a bit of Beethoven or Chopin or Schumann or Schubert just like that and one lovely young pianist we had for a while you could go up to him and say can you play this .....then do some out of tune humming of a bit of a piece you knew and he would know exactly what it was and just start playing it beautifully ....it's the most wonderful skill. 

For me the right music can inspire to make that extra effort to achieve my best in that moment and can uplift especially when a bit tired etc. 

• Like 1