Hi. Wondering if anyone has experience or advice on going to see a ballet/folklore performances in Moscow?  School trip next year (July) as part of GCSE History for my son and his year group (yr10), have been given the opportunity to go to the theatre one evening. None of the boys are dancers but they are used to the theatre and it does seem an excellent cultural opportunity which would be too good to be missed. I only have experience of ballets at the London Coliseum. Not even sure if July is the season for Russian ballets or more likely to be an evening of Russian Folklore dancing. Therefore would there be an issue of language? If any of this makes sense. 

Thank you. 

Ps. Yes, I am jealous and would love to go myself. 😉

I'm not sure how authentic it is, but the Moiseyev Dance Company is well worth looking into.  Great fun to watch, and no Russian language required.

They tour quite a lot so the dates might not coincide, but I'd say it's definitely worth checking.

30 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

I'm not sure how authentic it is, but the Moiseyev Dance Company is well worth looking into.  Great fun to watch, and no Russian language required.

They tour quite a lot so the dates might not coincide, but I'd say it's definitely worth checking.

Thank you.