New English Ballet Theatre

I have the chance to see this company in September and would be grateful for any comments about them Their website looks attractive and the programme (Four Seasons and Remembrance) looks promising. Any information about them would be appreciated. Thanks.

New English Ballet Theatre was, I believe, set up to help younger dancers gain performing experience.  Most of the dancers were only with the company for a year, but I do not know if this is still the case.  They have/had mentors from amongst the very impressive list of patrons.

I have only seen the company once, about 3 years ago, when they did an extra week of performances at a small theatre in Victoria to aid the Nepal Earthquake Appeal.

They tend to have a different rep every year and they seem to take a holistic approach with encouraging designers and musicians too.

Obviously I can't comment on the upcoming programme but I certainly enjoyed the performance I saw.  I'd definitely give them a go!

• Like 1

I have seen this company perform a number of times in the past few years and would highly recommend attending one of their performances in September.

They tend to have younger choreographers make pieces for them. In addition to others, a number of current and ex RB dancers have made pieces for them.

Their performance standards are very high, albeit productions are done on a budget, and it is interesting seeing new work danced by, typically, younger dancers.

I am seeing them at the Peacock Theatre.

• Like 1