Bolshoi Ballet production "Nureyev"

52 minutes ago, MAB said:

It's homophobes in Moscow that concern me.  In the UK LGBT people have human rights enshrined in law, in Russia they don't and the situation is getting worse.  The Nureyev fiasco is is an example of homophobia in high places imposing censorship from above.

No. It. Isn't.

I think it is quite clear that the powers that be have stated that the dancers and stages were not ready in time. It has its scheduled return date which has been said will run with out any changes to the original choreography. 

What concerns me the most, are the people who read a deliberately untrue or misleading sensationalist story, then take a huge offence to an absolute non story and cry homophobia and censorship.... Or racism, terrorism, or whatever distracts from the real issues that are happening to you everyday in real life.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Sim said:

Although all the dancers involved said that if they had been allowed to continue rehearsing to schedule it would have been perfectly ready on time.

Exactly.

35 minutes ago, SwissBalletFan said:

No. It. Isn't.

I think it is quite clear that the powers that be have stated that the dancers and stages were not ready in time. It has its scheduled return date which has been said will run with out any changes to the original choreography. 

What concerns me the most, are the people who read a deliberately untrue or misleading sensationalist story, then take a huge offence to an absolute non story and cry homophobia and censorship.... Or racism, terrorism, or whatever distracts from the real issues that are happening to you everyday in real life.

Possibly.it.is.

Having read a fair amount in the press and even seen a report on the BBC no-one except those directly involved can know the truth and perhaps everyone has their own perception of truth.

As we are now going around in circles and some of the posts on this thread have been less than salubrious I am now closing it as there seems to be nothing more that can usefully be said.

• Like 3