Coloured tights & other summer school questions

For jazz it says coloured leotard and tights. . What is meant by coloured tights?We have stripy ones or capezio flesh coloured ones orblack footless tights. Also would a navy Leo do. It also says or all in one catsuit. We don't have one of those but dd has a bright orange shimmery shirt unitard from a previous dance show.

She has a black Leo and pink ballet tights also required

Usually anything goes. You don't have to have a unitard. Sometimes the girls just do jazz in their ballet stuff with convertible tights rolled up. Black tights are fine. As long as one of your leotards is black and you have black jazz pants for the performance you should be ok with whatever else you have. Pink ballet tights are just the ordinary tights you wear for ballet although convertible ones are good to have. Hope this helps.

It says the black leotard and pink tights are required for ballet. She has convertibles but might get her a couple of normal spares in case of ladders and to save me washing them each day!

For jazz it said a coloured Leo and coloured tights or all in one catsuit/ jazz pants. She has jazz pants they are black but have a small logo at the top of one if the legs. Her Leo is a navy RAD one

Then it asks for a hoody and trainers for street dance.

It says the black leotard and pink tights are required for ballet. She has convertibles but might get her a couple of normal spares in case of ladders and to save me washing them each day!

For jazz it said a coloured Leo and coloured tights or all in one catsuit/ jazz pants. She has jazz pants they are black but have a small logo at the top of one if the legs. Her Leo is a navy RAD one

Then it asks for a hoody and trainers for street dance. She has a pineapple one but it's bright turquoise or a black school PE one. She's not really a hoody girl!

I don't think they will have any strict rules for summer school. I would suggest it says coloured leo and tights because that is what lots of people use for tap/modern lessons eg our dance school had purple leo and lycra tights for those lessons but older girls always swapped to black footless tights. As long as your DD has comfy dance wear I am sure it will be fine. H&M have reasonable plain hoodys if you want to pick one up. Hope she has fun!

It sounds like what you have is fine. All they want is a uniform look for the performance at the end of the week, hence black leo and pink ballet tights. Street wear is basically any loose clothing. Trackie pants and a loose tshirt and maybe a hooded fleece. Primark ones are cheap. Your jazz pants sound fine and any colour leo goes for jazz. I think my daughter just rolled up her ballet tights and did jazz in ballet leo last time. It's quite relaxed so don't stress too much. x

It's the opposite at dd's dance school. Lilac (grade 1&2) or navy (grade 3+) leotard for ballet and black leotard and footless tights for tap & modern.

I just wondered if they were going for a bright colourful look for the end of week show.

First time she has done anything like this. Previous summer schools have been musical theatre where she has been a specific character

They tend to use black leo and pink tights for end of week ballet performance. Jazz performance tends to be black leo and black jazz pants. Don't know about tap, street and musical theatre as they've never had these before. I imagine street will be whatever trackie pants they have and either a loose top or hoodie. Street doesn't need to be uniform. I imagine tap will probably be same as jazz and musical theatre will just be whatever they have or is in costumes for whatever musical they are doing. If you don't have something you need for the performance, they will find something for you to borrow, so don't worry. As far as classes go, any dancewear basically goes. xx