CHANTRY DANCE 3 year diploma contemporary and balletic studies

Kat09

This programme looks to be be pretty comprehensive in the amount of subjects covered.

Has anyone been to an open/audition days?

Obviously a new program - wondering if anyone would care to share their thoughts.

• Like 1

Hi,

My daughter has been an associate for 3 years now. Everything about them are fantastic from the teaching to the pastoral care,endless opportunities for dancing from Move It on the main stage to being a part of their company on tour. I'm sure the school will be very successful.

????

• Like 5

My DD is in her second year as an associate at Chantry and has loved every minute. I would echo what Honeybee said, but would also add that, of all the various associate schemes that my DD has been involved with, Chantry have been the most organised, the best at communication and also the most interested in her as an individual.

She was very tempted by the 3 year course (and was offered a place) but has decided to go down the university route instead. It does look like a great course though, with lots of variety of dance styles and performance opportunities and seems like very good value for money.

• Like 5

• 7 months later...

Definitely one to watch.  My dd was offered a place this year with a very generous scholarship but decided to accept a place at a more established school.  However, she was very tempted as the opportunities sounded great and the staff very caring and knowledgable about the needs of young dancers.  We follow them on social media and love the type of work they do.

• Like 3

Hi, my daughter is a student on the three year course, she turned down Laban and LCDS for the school. She spent a month rehearsing for the Sandman and then went on tour for two weeks. Then the school term started!! She and her classmates were asked to perform at the final of CYD collage showcase in Liverpool, and they will be continuing to tour it at all CYD venues next year.The piece was done in 6 hours. 

They are being taught Ballet by Shannon Parker, jazz by Graham Pickering, was given a latin ballroom workshop by Lisa welden who has worked on Strictly Come Dancing, and given a professional voice workshop so they dont grow into bad habbits early on. All in 3 weeks!!!

Any questions just ask.

Julie

• Like 7

Thank you so much for all of your replies - definitely looks like one to watch. What would be he progression after this course then and how does this compare to the BA on offer at Ballet West and say what's on offer at Elmhurst? Confused.com!;)

• Like 1

One obvious difference is in fee funding. A validated BA course automatically qualifies for a tuition fee loan as per any other degree. That's the full amount for a Conservatoire course such as Rambert or Central and £6150 pa for a private university course such as Ballet West or London Studio Centre. That said the fees look extremely reasonable for this course and it appears that at least some scholarships are available. Having a BA is also possibly more useful if you think you will not be dancing afterwards as you can potentially use it as a basis for conversion courses to other subjects. I expect if you are trying to get a contract no one will care about your qualifications :)

1 hour ago, ArucariaBallerina said:

Is this a ballet school? Would you go with the aim of a classical career? Anyway, it sounds great :) 

sounds a bit similar to LCDS , I have a friend who is a LCDS  grad of 20 is h years ago and she says the syllabus for LCDS is roughly similar to what it was  when she attended  and  the spent  as much time  doing  classical and neoclassical ballet as they did doing  contemporary stuff ...