Has anyone sucessfully ripped the RAD DVDs?

r3dh3d

I should establish up front that this is a DVD I already own, and I only want to rip the thing to view it myself, just better. 

I have an app on my phone that flips videos - so if you video someone demonstrating an exercise/dance, then it swaps the left and right sides of the video so you can copy it as if you were looking in a mirror.  It's v useful.  

I'd really like to run it on a specific dance on one of the RAD videos but can't, because I can't get the video off the DVD using my usual software.  I'm not sure if that's because of the menu structure or what.  

Has anyone got this to work, and if so, how?

Ah, OK, I was just going at it with Handbrake straight off and it was crashing Handbrake.  I'll look at RipIt, thanks.  

If they've copy-protected the DVD I imagine they've done the same with the app.  So I'd just end up paying twice for the same content to have the same problem.  Gah!  

DD asked me wtaf RAD didn't flip their own videos.  Couldn't answer that one!

Might I suggest a completely different solution, use NCH Debut Screen Capture Software. If you can display it on your screen, by running the DVD, you can capture it, both sound and vision, and it will permit the recordings to be saved in the following file formats: .MWV, .AVI, .ASF, .MPG, .3GP, .MP4, .MOV and .FLV

It also allow you to set the size of the capture area and of course the start and end, particularly useful if you want only to capture a particular short phrase or variation. Needless to say you can capture the whole DVD but do remember you wont have the menu system selection that you had from the original DVD. Basically any video activity that appears on the screen from either a webcam, youtube or DVD can be captured in this way. Good luck.

• Like 3