Paris Opera Ballet 17/18 season

• 2 weeks later...

Information about the 17/18 season has been sent to subscribers at POB.

A poster on Dansomanie has listed the performances http://www.forum-dansomanie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7539&start=105 (see the post by Melusine at 08.40 am; copying the whole text would probably be against forum guidelines, hence it's just the link)

In relation to Jewels - "pas de compagnie invitee" - no company invited.

The listing is in line with the information that had been briefly leaked in the French press in December (see the top of that same thread)

Thanks so for this.  

This suggests - as in NYC - that the three company Jewels will be an independently produced production - and therefore might well go to a separate theatre larger than the Garnier, (e.g., Theatre du Ville, etc.)  There are a number in Paris - even with the Chatelet being closed for restoration - to choose from.  (The Bastille would still be an option of course.)  

This additionally suggests that the NYCB/POB/Bolshoi outing would be earlier in September which - although backing into the end cusp of certain French holidays as ABT's stint last year did in their opening week - would certainly make more sense (i) for the NYCB delegation in terms of their contractual seasonal demands - and also (ii) be closer - in terms of basic rehearsal - to the Lincoln Center Festival presentation itself.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

Now officially released here: https://www.operadeparis.fr/saison-17-18

May I ask if anyone knows about the style of Sascha Waltz's Romeo & Juliet? I find it interesting timing, considering the protests at the Staatsballet Berlin. If Paris Opera have selected her work, one might feel that even if not classical in general, her choreography will be danced by some of the most beautifully classical trained ballet dancers in the world.

Pleased to see it is indeed DonQ at the Bastille for Christmas but they have dropped the Sunday mat in favour of an evening performance on the Christmas weekend?!  No matter I shall hope to go.  Prices at The Garnier are horrendous - not sure I can afford that anymore!