Dance on "Christmas" TV and Radio 2016

Quote:

"BBC2, Saturday 24th December, 8.10 am: Hans Christian Andersen - apparently features a ballet including Eric Bruhn and Roland Petit!."

Not only them but also Zizi Jeanmaire in the leading role dances there a lot.

I know it is an early start for Saturday and Xmas Eve but it is worth of watching.

Apologies for the belated response - no internet until today. Does anybody know if Zizi could really piroutte that fast or was it a consequence of the camera? Wonderful dancing by her - so good that I've ordered the DVD - it will make a nice addition to Black Tights (which is excellent IMHO).

• Like 2

Apologies for the belated response - no internet until today. Does anybody know if Zizi could really piroutte that fast or was it a consequence of the camera? Wonderful dancing by her - so good that I've ordered the DVD - it will make a nice addition to Black Tights (which is excellent IMHO).

In my memory, Trog, she was a dazzler ;) 

• Like 1

BBC2, Boxing Day, 5.20 pm: West Side Stories: the Making of a Classic - documentary

This is repeated tomorrow, Wednesday 4th January, at 11.15 pm on BBC2.

Oh, and lookey, Channel 4 tomorrow night, 8 pm, Location, Location, Location: "Kirstie Allsopp searches northeast London for ballet dancer Nicol and his brother Harry, who're joining together in the hope of getting on the property ladder."  I wonder who they can mean? :)

• Like 2