RBS Facebook Page

I notice that on RBS website in the 'News' section, it announces that they have finally set up a Facebook page and give a url address.

I can't seem to make it work - when I copy the url, it just goes to my Facebook home page. If I search Facebook for THE-ROYAL-BALLET-SCHOOL as suggested in the url link, I just get a list of the numerous rogue/spoof pages that already exist; sadly it looks like several thousand people have been conned by one of them.

Anyone any ideas? You would think they would just put the link as a little 'f' sign on the homepage of the RBS website like most do?

How odd. I am logged in and it takes me straight there. If I log out then that link takes me to the login page. If I google Royal Ballet School Facebook I get in with this link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-Ballet-School/192391186502 but it's a different account and I suspect not official. I give up!

As you can probably tell I don't use Facebook, I don't understand it, I don't like it - perhaps someone else can help!

I'm beginning to think this is a joke. Spanner - have checked every post on the ROH Facebook page back to the 1st Jan and can't see a link to RBS page and its also not in their likes. Is there a date and time on the link you clicked on? This is so weird. Not just me though. Same situation for other friends as well.

Thanks Spanner. I figured that it would probably be the 24 Jan as that is the day they announced it. However - the mystery deepens. There is no link on the ROH page that I open on my Facebook account. This is the ROH page link:

https://www.facebook.com/royaloperahouse

And there is a post at 11.26 about an interview with Sir Thomas Allen and then the next one is at 17.07 about Ermonela Jaho replacing someone in La Traviata. There just isn't a post with a link to the RBS Facebook page.

Sorry to go on and I know you are probably wishing you had never got involved with this post, but it is really frustrating. I really want to see the RBS Facebook page. It is such a departure from their usual 'closed ranks' approach. You have been more than helpful, thank you.

• Like 1

I have now realised that it must be a glitch on my account. Some of my friends have liked the RBS page but when I go on their wall to look at their 'likes' it doesn't appear. When other people go on their wall to look at their 'likes', the RBS page appears. How weird is that? I can see all other public pages e.g. RAD, Genee etc., it's just that one!

Thanks Spanner. I have now tried everything, with the help of a techie friend and it really is just me :(

I have filed a Facebook report but the chances of them replying are virtually nil. I will just have to wait to see if it is a glitch that gets fixed if they fix something else later on. It does feel a bit spooky though - the fact that I can't see something that I know is there!