Vaganova Prix and Gala Concert

CeliB

In case anyone would like to watch it the Vaganova Prix was live streamed on Russian TV and is still available to watch

https://mariinsky.tv/e

It is followed by a gala concert of the Fairy Dolls performed by Academy students on the Mariinsky stage. Fairy Dolls is especially nice for children to watch (set in a toy shop, not too long)

(p.s. DS is the sad clown- comes on at around 2.15)

• Like 12

One of my posts seems to have disappeared posted last night can any Mods just have a look to see what happened?

I know something was up last night because an Error message kept coming up from about 11pm or so onwards so couldn't get into the sight. I won't post again if you can find the post but if not will do so later

Many Thanks

Linda

Mind you I had just downloaded EOS 9 .3 or something like that.....perhaps it was the first post I did after downloading the update which has been prompting me for months now!

Teething error? Or did Balletcoforum take a hit last night?

Okay a re post!!

I was very lucky and fortunate enough to see this ballet Die Puppenfee performed by Vaganova students at the gala for REAL on Saturday!!

Thanks to CeliB's son who managed to get us in .....as this was not open to the general public ......we had another trip to Mariinsky!!

What a delightful little ballet this is the sets and costumes were lovely and the dancing.....well these are the Vaganova students after all ......wonderful all of them!

But what an especially talented trio those who danced "the clowns" bit were .....including CeliB's son of course!! Just so good!!

We are forever indebted to him for taking this trouble for us when he was performing but he now has a growing fan base here in UK.

And the Mariinsky theatre was sold out completely that day for family and friends so what an experience for those young artists to dance on THAT stage to a FULL house!! How can you top that as a memory forever!!

And a little gem of a moment though was at the curtain calls we were waving like mad ( hope we didn't look too like crazy Brits) and CeliB's son saw us and ....like a real pro .....keeping everything in character of course.....blew us a kiss .....Just priceless.

• Like 8

I was lucky enough to also watch this live at the Mariinsky at the Vaganova Prix Gala which was incredible to see live. Feel very lucky to have seen this! .. What an incredible experience it was. The Fairy Doll was so beautiful and well performed so definitely recommend watching. Loved it so much:)

• Like 5