cheshire cat costume

ballemum

One of my dds is the cheshire cat in the ballet show this yr and I wondered if anyone had any good ideas to make one. Usually they get them in but having trouble sourcing some things. I have tried ebay but they r either black or inapropriat. Many thanks in advance

We made an all in one in using a pink, purply and sparkly fabric we then added some lovely pink and purply fur to the cuffs and neck (which if I'd found first I may have made the whole outfit in) attached a tail, face paints and ears to match fur she looked gorgeous

We did the same Pas de Quatre - but a brown catsuit that was hanging around from a previous show! And also had a furry hat with ears - I'll post a photo if I can make it small enough!

• Like 2

I did much the same for a festival dance - catsuit but added fur fabric legwarmers, fingerless gloves/cuffs, tail and a fur collar with a V attached front and back. Then just two ears on a hairband. Think 'CATS' the musical and you'll get the idea.

My daughter is the Cheshire cat in an Alice in wonderland troupe and is 8. She requires a quick change into a playing card so I made a pair of purple and pink striped legwarmers and arm warmers (knitted) a tail safety pinned to a pink leotard and knitted pink and purple ears that I sewed onto a purple headband. I can send you a pic if you message me your email. It's very obvious what she is!!